Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#97943 by onoccasion
Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:05 pm
Not sure if this is a bug that needs to be fixed, or is really a feature request.

I have Premier. I have a couple numbers defined in my Personal Blacklist and matching numbers set to go to voicemail. In my Privacy preferences, I have anonymous calls set to go to voicemail.

One of the best Premier features, in my mind, is the call screening feature that allows me to hear callers leaving a message, as on an answering machine, so I can decide if I want to take the call without even getting up from the dinner table to look at the caller ID on the phone. Unfortunately, it seems that this call screening feature is disabled when calls are sent directly to voicemail by either a blacklist or anonymous call match. Especially with the anonymous calls, I often DO want to talk with the caller, so would really like the audible screening since there's no caller ID info available.

Perhaps a true feature request along this line would be the ability to set blacklist action on a per-number basis since I can imagine wanting some blacklisted callers to be able to leave messages and others to be blocked entirely.

I'll add a plug here in support of "Blacklisted Call Activity in Call Logs," which I have seen elsewhere is on the Ooma development roadmap. I hope to see this enhancement soon so I know how often these people are harassing me and might consider taking them off my blacklist if they are reducing calls to a reasonable number.