Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#8378 by kcepull
Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:27 pm
I (still) have a landline, so I can't test this and was hoping someone else could answer the question....

With multiring, what happens if you call the ooma number FROM the other (multiring) number? For example, if I set up multiring to also call my cell phone, what happens when I call home (ooma number) from my cell phone? Does it try to also ring my cell phone?

With Vonage, I couldn't use their "Simulring" service because of this. When I called home from my cell phone, it would also ring my cell phone. My cell phone carrier then would see a call from my cell phone to my cell phone, and send me right to voicemail to check new messages. (That is one way to check VM from a cell phone - call yourself!)

What does ooma do? Is it smart enough to see that I'm actually calling FROM the multiring number and NOT try to call the multiring number?

Thanks!

Karl
#8381 by Dennis P
Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:25 pm
Yes, we are "smart enough" to not ring your cell phone. I'm surprised Vonage does what it does. That could potentially create a nasty routing loop (if you had your cell phone forwarded to your home phone).