Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#97083 by BobB
Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:43 am
In the few years I have been an Ooma customer there have been many requests for updating the Blocked Call features. Would you let us know your intentions? Maybe list the ones you're working on, and a time frame.
I am very happy with Ooma. Keep up the good work.
Thanks,
Bob
#97087 by Bobby B
Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:02 am
There are many open requests for blacklist enhancements, including:

- Wildcarding for blacklists
- Blacklisted calls appearing in the call logs
- Whitelisting callers that appear on the contact list
- Provide option to blacklist all invalid US numbers

Unfortunately, I don't have a timeframe on when we'll see the above features implemented.
#97168 by richvanv
Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:56 am
Problem Solved.
Porting my number over to ATT Uverse Phone since they have whitelisting in place already.
Happy Trails OOMA!
#97335 by abqbill
Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:31 am
Hi Bobby B,

Thx for the update. It would be great if you could post on here every 4 weeks or so with a similar status update, even if there's nothing to say. A simple "we're working on this" as a sticky read-only post at the top of this forum would be helpful in letting people know that these requests are not simply being ignored.

When the posts get too old, it gives the impression that the requests are being ignored, and simple status updates would be helpful to change that impression.

Bill
#97338 by WayneDsr
Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:33 am
richvanv wrote:Problem Solved.
Porting my number over to ATT Uverse Phone since they have whitelisting in place already.
Happy Trails OOMA!

Yeah, whitelisting and a monthly bill attached to it. No thanks.

Wayne
#97346 by lbmofo
Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:04 pm
This was my 2 cents:

lbmofo wrote:
richvanv wrote:Problem Solved.
Happy Trails OOMA!

If you knew about Google Voice Whitelist, why would you go with Uverse? The flurry of identical posts from you don't smell right.

I mean if whitelisting max of 20 works for you and you don't need to know what other callers tried to reach you, good for you. But won't work for most people.

http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB401021

Call Screening for U-verse Voice

Accept calls only from select numbers; other callers hear, The number you dialed will not accept your call. Designate up to 20 numbers in your myAT&T account.

To activate by phone, press *64#
To deactivate, press *84# Note: All stored numbers will be lost upon deactivation
#97352 by WayneDsr
Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:30 pm
:)

Wayne
#97381 by joe123
Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:26 pm
BobB wrote:In the few years I have been an Ooma customer there have been many requests for updating the Blocked Call features. Would you let us know your intentions? Maybe list the ones you're working on, and a time frame.
Thanks,
Bob

Count me in.

I just posted the same thing on a different subject. My Telelemarketer calls on my Ooma are getting to bad that I may be forced to switch OUT of Ooma.

I like saving money but I also need some kind of sanity...
#97385 by WayneDsr
Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:48 am
joe123 wrote:
BobB wrote:In the few years I have been an Ooma customer there have been many requests for updating the Blocked Call features. Would you let us know your intentions? Maybe list the ones you're working on, and a time frame.
Thanks,
Bob

Count me in.

I just posted the same thing on a different subject. My Telelemarketer calls on my Ooma are getting to bad that I may be forced to switch OUT of Ooma.

I like saving money but I also need some kind of sanity...

Are you on the NO CALL list? I am and NEVER get a telemarketer call.

Wayne
#97397 by joe123
Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:17 am
WayneDsr wrote:Are you on the NO CALL list? I am and NEVER get a telemarketer call.

Wayne

As most people already know, there are several Telemarketers companies who am EXEMPT from the national do not call list.

Sencondly, if I spent my time asking each and every Telemarketer who calls me NOT to call me, it would be a full time job which no end date.

When I joined Ooma, the number of Telemarketers increased about 10 fold. I had the same number for 30 years prior to joining Ooma. I was getting Telemarketers calls before switching to Ooma, but now it is over the top.