Whitelisting is really needed!

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
Post Reply
MadCityMike
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:14 am

Whitelisting is really needed!

Post by MadCityMike » Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:25 am

Please enable the ability to only allow callers in your contact list to be able to ring you and have every other number just go directly to voicemail. Of all of the calls I get, less then 1% of the calls I get are legitimate and most of them are already in my contact list. The few remaining would have no problem leaving a message. The 99%+ of calls that are scammers/telemarketers/politicos won't bother with leaving a message and I won't have to deal with their calls. Since ooma is acting much more as a conduit for telemarketers than for real phone calls (99% vs 1%) I'm really starting to question whether I should even bother paying the few bucks a month for it. I see there have been many requests for similar features in the past with no committment from Ooma. Why is that? What could be so difficult about this? Especially now that google voice offers it.

dfabian
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:12 pm

Re: Whitelisting is really needed!

Post by dfabian » Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:51 pm

A White list is ABSOLUTELY NEEDED!
Telemarketers, Mitt Romney Screaming in my ear, the next political organization or special interest group, blah blah blah click.
Please make it stop!!!!

White, Grey, Black. 3 conditions.
White for those in my contact list.
Grey for those that aren't. Goes to Voicemail!
Black for already blacklisted numbers.

As election season draws closer this will just get worse.
HELP!!!!!!!

BuddhistHippieChick
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:26 pm

Re: Whitelisting is really needed!

Post by BuddhistHippieChick » Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:03 pm

dfabian wrote:A White list is ABSOLUTELY NEEDED!
Telemarketers, Mitt Romney Screaming in my ear, the next political organization or special interest group, blah blah blah click.
Please make it stop!!!!

White, Grey, Black. 3 conditions.
White for those in my contact list.
Grey for those that aren't. Goes to Voicemail!
Black for already blacklisted numbers.

As election season draws closer this will just get worse.
HELP!!!!!!!

I also would love to have this feature. This would be perfect!

A whitelist would solve almost all my problems. I have a very small, limited list of people I want to hear from. All others can buzz off!!

joe123
Posts: 112
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:07 pm

Re: Whitelisting is really needed!

Post by joe123 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:14 pm

Same here but it will never be done.

There are many requests here for some kind of a wild card blacklist, or even a while list which would go a long way, but it will not get done.

I personally suspect that it has to do with legal issues and the big companies would harmmer anyone trying to do this.

Post Reply