Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#8305 by walt08
Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:31 pm
Hello All,

I know the multi-ring feature is a helpful feature however, an outage forward feature would allow me to only receive calls if my power or cable goes out (some type of outage). At that time and only at that time all calls would be forwarded to the forwarding number listed on the account. I really don't want all my call coming to my mobile simultaneously to calls at home. However, if an outage occurs I would like to know vs. receiving voicemail messages.
#8596 by ixnayus
Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:15 am
I agree that this would be very helpful, although I'll point out that if there's an outage like the one on April 16th, there would be no servers to forward the call from. I'm sure people smarter than I are working on the issue, though.
#9734 by aphotoguy
Fri May 15, 2009 10:49 am
ixnayus wrote:I agree that this would be very helpful, although I'll point out that if there's an outage like the one on April 16th, there would be no servers to forward the call from. I'm sure people smarter than I are working on the issue, though.

I could be off here but I think that the OP is takling about local (to his home) outages. Not ooma network outages.

And since I don't have a landline back-up I would agree that this could be a very handy feature. I live in the midwest and relatives often call durning or just after nasty storms roll through just to check up on each other. Could be handy to know when they are calling if my electricity is out and my ooma line therefore is not operational.
#9758 by oomg
Fri May 15, 2009 7:43 pm
walt08 wrote:Hello All,

I know the multi-ring feature is a helpful feature however, an outage forward feature would allow me to only receive calls if my power or cable goes out (some type of outage). At that time and only at that time all calls would be forwarded to the forwarding number listed on the account. I really don't want all my call coming to my mobile simultaneously to calls at home. However, if an outage occurs I would like to know vs. receiving voicemail messages.

Those of you who have read some of my history know that I also have two of the T-Mobile @home lines. Here are the options they offer for call forwarding, and a brief description of how each works:

Call Forwarding - T-Mobile @Home
The call forwarding feature allows you to forward your calls to a number of your choice. There are three different call forwarding functionalities that your T-Mobile @Home phone supports: Unconditional Call Forwarding; Call Forward No Reply; and Call Forwarding if Not Reachable.

Unconditional call forwarding:

NOTE: Unconditional Call Forwarding automatically forwards any calls that your T-Mobile @Home phone would receive to the number requested to forward your calls to. Your T-Mobile @Home Phone will not ring when Unconditional Call Forwarding is set up. To activate or deactivate Unconditional Call Forwarding, perform one of the following: Press Star (*) 72, and the phone number that you want to forward calls to. For example, you would press *72 1 555-555-5555. Press Star (*) 73 to deactivate. You are not required to enter the phone number to deactivate Unconditional Call Forwarding.

Call forwarding No Reply:

NOTE: Call Forward No Reply only forwards your T-Mobile @Home phone to another phone number when you do not answer your T-Mobile @Home phone. To activate or deactivate Call Forward No Reply, perform one of the following: Press Star (*) 42 and phone number that you want to forward your calls to. For example, you would press *42 1 555-555-5555. To deactivate, press Star (*) 93. You are not required to enter the phone number to deactivate Call Forward No Reply.

Call forwarding if Not Reachable:

NOTE: Call Forward if Not Reachable only forwards your T-Mobile @Home phone to another phone number if your T-Mobile @Home phone or the T-Mobile HiPort is not reachable (due to electrical or ISP issues). To activate or deactivate Call Forward if Not Reachable, perform one of the following: Press Star (*) 62 Star (*) and the phone number that you want to forward your calls to followed by the Pound (#) key. For example, you would press *62* 1 555-555-5555 #. To deactivate, press Pound Pound (# #) 62 Pound (#). You are not required to enter the phone number to deactivate Call Forward if Not Reachable.