Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#95964 by kbrene
Thu May 17, 2012 11:38 pm
i was excited about ooma and looked forward to receiving the handset, really liked the features it offered. it came in late december.
the talk time on full charge on the original is less than 30 minutes. i have requested and received several replacements, none of them even work!
during this time, both of my in-laws passed away and i was not able to use the ooma handset because of the terrible talk time and dead replacements.
do yourself a favor and pass it up. the new model, yet to be released, may be better. i am returning yet another dead unit this weekend.
#95967 by thunderbird
Fri May 18, 2012 3:31 am
kbrene wrote:i was excited about ooma and looked forward to receiving the handset, really liked the features it offered. it came in late december.
the talk time on full charge on the original is less than 30 minutes. i have requested and received several replacements, none of them even work!
during this time, both of my in-laws passed away and i was not able to use the ooma handset because of the terrible talk time and dead replacements.
do yourself a favor and pass it up. the new model, yet to be released, may be better. i am returning yet another dead unit this weekend.

You may be able to benfit from this thread.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=12695&start=10

The replacement battery is less then ten dollars including shipping and it's reported to be a much better battery as discribed in the thread.
#95978 by kdmc69
Fri May 18, 2012 12:22 pm
thunderbird wrote:
kbrene wrote:i was excited about ooma and looked forward to receiving the handset, really liked the features it offered. it came in late december.

You may be able to benfit from this thread.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=12695&start=10

The replacement battery is less then ten dollars including shipping and it's reported to be a much better battery as discribed in the thread.

I can attest to the different batteries making a significant difference in the performance of the Hand sets. Until I replaced the batteries with the one mentioned in the above thread, my wife would not touch the Ooma hand sets. They were unreliable, would look like they were fully charged and would die as soon as we tried to use them. Since replacement of the batteries, the hand sets are now usable. (My wife even uses them from time to time. :D ) They can be left off the charging station for a couple of days and still be usable. So, I would suggest the investment of a few bucks to know that you have a piece of equipment that works as it should.