Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#95944 by JedWare
Thu May 17, 2012 1:55 pm
This is a feature I would really like to have is the ability to get alerts sent to various devices of who is calling me. I see that Comcast implemented this feature to computers, mobile phones and TV.

http://xfinity.comcast.net/callerid/

I would really like it to at least my mobile devices and PC. There are numerous times when I am sitting down and someone has taken the cordless phone that I get a call and would like to look at my PC or mobile phone to see if I really need to answer.
#95945 by lbmofo
Thu May 17, 2012 2:19 pm
I have callerid on my TV because I feed Ooma dialtone to my Dish Receiver.

As for callerid to other devices on the network, another thread asking for this: viewtopic.php?t=12087
#96627 by lbmofo
Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:10 pm
You can connect a phone cord from Ooma's "Phone" port to one of your walljacks to distribute Ooma dialtone to all your other walljacks. Then you can just connect your DirectTV receiver to one of your walljacks to make the callerid on TV work (my dishnetwork receiver, I had to go into menu and enable that function on the receiver). You'd have to make sure your house wiring is disconnected from the telephone company at the NID box outside your house though.

Take a look at this thread to read up on distributing Ooma dialtone throughout your home: viewtopic.php?t=13354