Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#95898 by securesocket
Wed May 16, 2012 8:26 am
Seems people are always asking for black list enhancements. Wondering when we might see some of the following:

1) Tag each entry with a date so I know when I added it. Then I can better manage very old entries and keep my black list more up-to-date.
2) Show me how often a black list entry gets a "hit". This way I know it's effective, useful, and I can brag about it to my friends (and your potential customers).
3) Show me how often a *community* black list entry gets a "hit". This is an interesting feature, but I have no way of knowing how much it is helping me. Again, show me the metrics and I can brag about it to my friends (and your potential customers).
4) Provide a configurable option that let's me set an auto-remove option for black list entries after X months of no hits. Make this a feature you can enable / disable and make the time period user-configurable.
5) When listening to a message I want to be able to add it to my black list with "one-click". If I'm using the web to listen to messages, let me click an icon to add it automatically. If I'm listening on my phone, let me hit some dial pad number sequence "*666" to send it to my black list.

Could you respond to each of these and let me know if they are *EVER* going to be added and maybe when? With the upcoming election robo-calling getting geared up, these would be great features to broadcast to your existing customer base and to hook in new customers!

Thanks!
#95904 by Bobby B
Wed May 16, 2012 1:10 pm
These are all excellent suggestions.

For (1) - I've filed enhancement bug 13785 to show the date. I'm guessing we can have this within the next month.

For (2)-(4) - We have been planning to gather and show blacklist statistics after we implement some architectural changes to the call flow. Unfortunately, these changes aren't trivial and I can't say when we'll have these statistics available.

For (5) - We can look into adding the blacklist icon to the voicemail screen. Also, we have plans to support blacklisting on the new HD2 handset, though it would come some time after the HD2 handset release.
#95999 by SystronX
Sat May 19, 2012 9:10 pm
Hello,
I would also like to see a feature that blocks a partial caller id.
Some companies are masking their outgoing caller id and I would like to block them.

Thank you
#96936 by Kelner
Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:59 am
Yes
There is a telemarketer who uses false caller ID number but the caller name always comes up starting with V06....and a series of numbers, so I know it's the telemarketer. Usually they are hang up calls. Would love to see a blocking feature that you can put in partial names like V06* and anything coming in with a caller name starting with V06 would be blocked.
#96994 by edell
Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:56 pm
1) Here is another vote for counting the time a blacklisted number has been successful. Both personal and community blacklists.
2) Visibility to the community blacklist
3) Blacklist phone number wildcards
#97172 by richvanv
Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:58 am
Problem Solved.
Porting my number over to ATT Uverse Phone since they have whitelisting in place already.
Happy Trails OOMA!
#97175 by lbmofo
Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:08 am
richvanv wrote:Problem Solved.
Porting my number over to ATT Uverse Phone since they have whitelisting in place already.
Happy Trails OOMA!

If you knew about Google Voice Whitelist, why would you go with Uverse? The flurry of identical posts from you don't smell right.

I mean if whitelisting max of 20 works for you and you don't need to know what other callers tried to reach you, good for you. But won't work for most people.

http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB401021

Call Screening for U-verse Voice

Accept calls only from select numbers; other callers hear, The number you dialed will not accept your call. Designate up to 20 numbers in your myAT&T account.

To activate by phone, press *64#
To deactivate, press *84# Note: All stored numbers will be lost upon deactivation
#98024 by bruceb
Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:28 pm
The only reason I can think of, that you can't add the wildcard feature, is that you must be using vendor, as opposed to in-house software. Is this the case? Is the vendor responsive to enhancement requests? If not, are you looking at other vendors or developing your own in house software?

I'm certain you have a lot of very intelligent and skilled customers. Have you considered going open source?
#98035 by lbmofo
Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:33 pm
bruceb wrote:The only reason I can think of, that you can't add the wildcard feature, is that you must be using vendor, as opposed to in-house software. Is this the case? Is the vendor responsive to enhancement requests? If not, are you looking at other vendors or developing your own in house software?

I'm certain you have a lot of very intelligent and skilled customers. Have you considered going open source?

A friendly reminder... 1 post would be visible enough to get your message out; don't need to repeat the same post numerous times.

Welcome.

securesocket wrote:Seems people are always asking for black list enhancements. Wondering when we might see some of the following:

1) Tag each entry with a date so I know when I added it. Then I can better manage very old entries and keep my black list more up-to-date.

This one is already there now.

As for your post, here is my take on it for your consideration: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13976&start=10#p97424
#109609 by securesocket
Wed May 08, 2013 8:03 am
Any progress on these items? It sounded like adding a date to the blacklist wasn't a big deal, but I sure don't see it in there unless I'm doing something wrong.

My personal blacklist is around 80 entries, some a couple of years old. I'd sure like to manage it better and see what value it brings. To me this is one of the big benefits of Ooma, but it's hard to brag about it when you don't have any idea how effective it is. Give me numbers. :)