Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#95857 by EX Bell
Mon May 14, 2012 6:54 pm
Ooma Mobile app really needs a way to be able to add calls to personal blacklists. When I'm out, I want to be able to add the solicitors that call my home and do not leave a message to blacklist from my iPhone within the mobile app. It's almost a sure bet that they are a solicitor when I receive a 1 second email voicemail attachment. Once I've verified the number should in fact be added to my personal blacklists, I don't want to have to find a computer to do it from. I want to be able to do it in a simple way from my phone using the Ooma app. Switching to the non-mobile site and adding it via Safari browser on the phone does work, but it's not eloquent and I don't want to have to switch from the mobile version to non-mobile version and back again every time I want to blacklist a number.

I should also be able to click on a number in the blacklist shown in the mobile app and edit it if necessary. Currently when I click on a number in the blacklist from the mobile app, it pops up a dial window. There is no reason I would ever want to phone any of the numbers in my personal blacklist and I don't imagine anyone else would either, so that is an action that make no sense in the way if functions currently.
#131017 by Iraisok
Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:35 am
PhilC50 wrote:Would love to be able to manage or at least add to the blacklist from the mobile app. Please consider this.

Taking it a bit further - It would be even better if we had the option to send the number directly to Nomorobo (or our own Blacklist) from both the mobile app and My Ooma. This could be two icons in the Caller List. Implementation is left to Ooma. Go For It!

The way currently deal with crap Telemarketer calls (I get very few now):
I only enter wildcard numbers in my Blacklist. For individual numbers, I login to Nomorobo and enter them their. Within 48 hrs, albeit, at the mercy of Ooma taking Nomorobo updates that often, I NEVER receive a call from the number.

Ira
#131257 by jf2go
Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:27 pm
Iraisok wrote:Taking it a bit further - It would be even better if we had the option to send the number directly to Nomorobo (or our own Blacklist) from both the mobile app and My Ooma.
Ira

+1 on that suggestion Ira! Updating the Nomorobo database would benefit everyone, but I occasionally don't have/take the time to go though entire blacklisting process through Nomorobo themselve's. Since Nomorobo inclusion, my telemarketer calls have been drastically reduced, but I do still get a few. These are most always from area codes local to me, and frequently not previously reported on 800notes (newly created/spoofed numbers for the telemarketers). Having an easy means of clicking on an icon to report, and I would report 100% of the numbers.