Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#95761 by mac711
Fri May 11, 2012 7:22 am
I was very surprised when I went to sign up for service that Ooma does not accept Discover Card. This was after I tried to purchase direct too and was put off by that fact and so went to Costco.com instead to use Discover.

Discover Card is one of the big four in the U.S. American Express, Visa, MasterCard, and Discover Card.

You really need to accept all four and nearly all businesses do. Honestly, I have never had a phone service, AT&T, Verizon, At&T Wireless, etc. that did not accept Discover Card. I use it at all restaurants, supermarkets, online stores, etc.

I really hope Ooma will begin accepting Discover Card very soon. You do not want to have people turn away due to the lack of a way to pay. I believe Discover is the third largest card issuer (bank) in the US.

Sure, you are serving majority of people with the other three, but why turn anyone away? Plus, those who have both like me, why make me use the card that isn't my favorite?
#95778 by GMOOMA
Fri May 11, 2012 1:44 pm
If you're looking for the *BEST* deal.. you just missed one opportunity as of 4/30 there was a deal for a $50 off rebate. That was the time to strike when the iron was hot. Newegg & other etailers had it for less than $199.99 and would still qualify for the rebate provided it was not a "sale" or "combined offer" thingy. Rebates for some etailers did not have this language so it seems. Ooma should make the telo $149 already instead of pumping out a rebate.. the telo a few years old, right? Gotta be a new model coming out soon, maybe with wireless & more physical lines built-in?