Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#95663 by GMOOMA
Tue May 08, 2012 2:34 am
the google voice seems to not work for many subscribers...
since this is a *Premium value added feature b/c of the virtual number requirement it would be nice to actually have the value added feature working

My error message is "service is temporarily unavailable"
#95764 by santinelli
Fri May 11, 2012 8:08 am
Going to chime in here on this one too, I think the problem is Google thinks Ooma is BAD.... This is the message I received from Google:

Someone recently tried to sign in to your Google Account, xxx@gmail.com. We prevented the sign-in attempt in case this was a hijacker trying to access your account. Please review the details of the sign-in attempt:

May 11, 2012 3:18pm GMT
IP Address: 208.83.244.233
If you do not recognize this sign-in attempt, someone else might be trying to access your account. You should sign in to your account and reset your password immediately. Find out how at http://support.google.com/accounts?p=reset_pw

Sincerely,
The Google Accounts Team
#95776 by GMOOMA
Fri May 11, 2012 1:33 pm
Yes, but I've gotten this too, and there is a way to dig down into the google pages to say it's ok(you) but it's an account alert that seems to mysteriously pop-up when these messages go unread.. however the place where it's supposed to be (account preferences/alerts) doesn't seem to have it... this is something google doesn't seem to let users have common knowledge of for fear of an email hacker compromising accounts. nevertheless, it's google voice & ooma subscribers who are harmed. I can't seem to find a way to white-list google for login, although I haven't seen more alerts, but still can't login either (even w/ my GV number added manually)
:-(
#95777 by lbmofo
Fri May 11, 2012 1:42 pm
GMOOMA wrote:still can't login either (even w/ my GV number added manually)

What do you mean?
#95817 by GMOOMA
Sun May 13, 2012 8:26 am
lbmofo wrote:
GMOOMA wrote:still can't login either (even w/ my GV number added manually)

What do you mean?

The GVExtentions don't work with a manually added phone number so still back at square one. It just looks pretty on the ooma website having the number there. I cant' login to google gmail/voice via the ooma website. I've also tried a second account & changed the PW too.
#95824 by lbmofo
Sun May 13, 2012 11:45 am
I am still unclear what you mean by "can't login to google gmail/voice via the ooma website." Once GVE setup, you should be able to check your GV voicemail using your Telo device or Telo handset or phones connected to your Telo. Have your outgoing callerid show your GV number and when people call your GV number, your Ooma should ring. That's generally what Ooma GVE is about.

To access your Google Voicemail from the Ooma Telo, press the Fast Forward key on the Ooma Telo. The Ooma Telo will call your Google voicemail and enter your PIN number automatically. You can also mark messages as "read" using the Envelope key (Save/Send-to-VM)

You can also access Google Voice directly from your phone or Ooma Telo Handset by dialing *#483 (*#GVE). You can also mark messages as "read" using the 7 button on the phone.

If this is not working properly for you, in My Ooma Preferences

Enable Google Voice Extensions - checked
A Virtual Number selected
Google Voice Phone Number showing your GV number (I think this is the only thing Ooma mod helped you do via manual add vs trying to add this number yourself by giving your GV login/password)
Google Voice PIN entered
Use my Google Voice Number as my Outbound Caller-ID - checked
(I have Advanced Options Auto Answer Delay and Auto Connect Delay disabled, ListenIn Delay set at default of 12 seconds)
Save

More info on Ooma GVE settings: https://www.ooma.com/app/support/google-voice-extensions

Make sure you Added your virtual number in your GV setting (google.com/voice) and in Advanced Settings, choose Direct access to voicemail when calling your Google number from this phone as Yes, PIN required.
#95982 by GMOOMA
Fri May 18, 2012 3:55 pm
ok, the voicemail option seems to work now.. once I set a voicemail pw in google voice.

w/ google I've enabled 2-setp verification and it gives me an access code to verify it's me, but I can't seem to login to a webpage to enter the code.. as the "token" is with the ooma website as it's trying to login..
is there some way to whitelist ooma so it won't be blocked for login?
#95984 by lbmofo
Fri May 18, 2012 6:56 pm
GMOOMA wrote:ok, the voicemail option seems to work now.. once I set a voicemail pw in google voice.

w/ google I've enabled 2-setp verification and it gives me an access code to verify it's me, but I can't seem to login to a webpage to enter the code.. as the "token" is with the ooma website as it's trying to login..
is there some way to whitelist ooma so it won't be blocked for login?

If your GV number is already added to your my.ooma.com, there is no need for Ooma to handshake with Google again unless you want to change your GV number.
#95993 by Spiff
Sat May 19, 2012 11:11 am
lbmofo wrote:If your GV number is already added to your my.ooma.com, there is no need for Ooma to handshake with Google again unless you want to change your GV number.

This is the problem I am having. My Google Voice number changed (I transferred my old cell number to be my Google Voice number). My.Ooma.com for my second line shows the old Google Voice number. I go to update it, and I get the "Service temporarily unavailable. Please try again." message. Prior to that error, I was getting "We had a problem logging into your account with those credentials", even though I verified the credentials were correct.

So for now I have disabled GVE on my second line, but really would like it enabled again.