Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#95257 by iansloguy
Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:21 pm
I dont want all the features of the Premier account but I would be happy to pay a couple of bucks for the blacklist feature only. If this is an easy feature to enable as an add in then it would probably bring in extra money from others in addition to myself.

In fact Im not sure why a lot of the extra services arent valued as individual extras, maybe for $2-3 each so if someone wants 3 or more different services they can just get the full premier service instead.
#96959 by raylo32
Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:09 am
I have the premier service mainly for the blacklist feature and can tell you that is really isn't worth it. Not sure it would be worth even a couple of $ a la carte.

Problem is it only is able to block callers by individual telephone number. You have to get an incoming call and then manually select it for your personal blacklist. There is NO capability to use wildcards to block entire area codes and/or area code/exchange combos. For instance I get calls from a certain telemarketer from (706)805-xxxx with xxxx being a seemingly endless supply of different numbers. Block one and they just hit you from another the next day. Other telemarketers do the same thing.

It would also be nice to be able to block based on caller name. But Ooma blacklist doesn't do that either.

It should be simple for Ooma to add these features, but they haven't. Also, you would think that after thousands of these calls from one telemarketer the Ooma "community blacklist" would pick it up. You would be wrong. Another worthless "feature". If they don't fix this soon they are going to start losing customers for their "premier" service that really is a substandard ineffectual service in this ongoing battle with telemarketers.
#96966 by lbmofo
Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:51 am
I hear you. It'd be nice if Ooma can improve upon current implementation.

However, on the flip side, the current Blacklist is already a hit with lots of folks out there.

Case in point...I just bumped into a friend whom I recently referred. He thanked me again; he said he is loving the Blacklist (& the Telo wireless adapter). A lot less bothersome spam calls coupled with paying only $15 a month total vs $60+.......What's not to like? Life is good he says. Amen to that.
#96967 by oostburg
Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:20 pm
I do know that Customer Service offered me some ala carte packages last year. I think a few options at $2 or $3 each. Has anyone called and asked recently?
#97039 by raylo32
Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:21 am
That was my reaction, too, for the first year. I only got a junk call once then the blacklist took care of the offender. Life was good. But lately the new breed of number hopping telemarketers has diminished the value of the blacklist. If (when?) more of them use this tactic the blacklist will become useless. It already is for me for one particular telemarketer that calls from a different number (same area code and exchange, tho) every single day. So much for peace and quiet....

lbmofo wrote:I hear you. It'd be nice if Ooma can improve upon current implementation.

However, on the flip side, the current Blacklist is already a hit with lots of folks out there.

Case in point...I just bumped into a friend whom I recently referred. He thanked me again; he said he is loving the Blacklist (& the Telo wireless adapter). A lot less bothersome spam calls coupled with paying only $15 a month total vs $60+.......What's not to like? Life is good he says. Amen to that.
#133614 by Morpheus
Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:58 am
I am one that doesn't really want to have unnecessary features enabled that I have no use for. I would like to see the Blacklist option as A La Cart, as I would other features.

I've been with Ooma for 7+ years and they have missed out on any extra revenue that may have been generated from me by offering A La Cart services. Seems like it might be time to tap into those additional streams of revenue.
#133615 by oomamaniacal
Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:33 pm
Morpheus wrote:I've been with Ooma for 7+ years and they have missed out on any extra revenue that may have been generated from me by offering A La Cart services. Seems like it might be time to tap into those additional streams of revenue.

I guess that would be the glass-half-full perspective.

I have a glass-half-empty feeling that Ooma might then lose out on a lot of revenue from those with Premier who then would downgrade to an a la carte option.