Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#8118 by Papaw
Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:46 pm
I've been an ooma customer for 12 days now and have needed to call Customer Support 5 or 6 times to resolve issues related to settings within the Lounge.

I have only had to wait for an Agent twice, and neither time was more than a couple of minutes.

One of my issues required a "ticket" to be issued and I received a call about that ticket within 2 business days. The agent stayed on the phone with me while attempting to resolve the issue, then needed to consult with someone else, so we terminated that call. Within 15 or 20 minutes, I received another call and the issue was resolved.

I am extremely pleased with this excellent Customer Support and with the ooma device as well. I believe it's time for me to start the process of porting my landline phone number over to ooma.

Thanks ooma Team for a great product with excellent features and support.
#8122 by southsound
Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:16 pm
Papaw,

Welcome to the ooma family! Of course, even though things are working well for you, please come back and visit the forum often. It is amazing how your experience with an issue can help someone else who is having a similar issue or a question. I have found the ooma forums to be frequented by a real (mostly) supportive group of people who come from all walks of life and are ready and willing to help with almost any situation or question.
#8125 by bverdon
Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:38 pm
That's great to know! I am also a new Ooma customer and a new spokesperson for Ooma....I have reached out to several folks and I believe several will be converting soon! I have had mostly all positive things to say about the service and quality of the systems so far.

I have had one issue though....and unfortunately I feel like it should be something simple, yet is not getting resolved very quickly. I am pretty patient...and will work through it, but others will NOT be this patient.

Basically the issue is, all of my outbound calls have someone else's name on their caller ID display (some folks are not picking up my calls). I was told that Ooma has 10 business days to correct this and was a little disappointed in hearing this. Again....I am patient, but others will have expectations to have something like this corrected much quicker than this.

I understand that this particular issue is "backlogged" and hopefully this will be resolved this Friday. I would just hate to know that this is a simple change on the system that basically requires an Admin to delete the old name, and type mine in. I mean....we have all wasted more time talking about it on the phone than the time it probably takes for them to fix this.

I would also like some insight on why this and porting a number takes so long. Again...not upset and not complaining....just trying to understand the issues involved. I am fairly technical so don't feel like I will get overwhelmed with the explanation. :-)

Thanks!
#8127 by scots
Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:50 pm
bverdon wrote:Basically the issue is, all of my outbound calls have someone else's name on their caller ID display (some folks are not picking up my calls). I was told that Ooma has 10 business days to correct this and was a little disappointed in hearing this. Again....I am patient, but others will have expectations to have something like this corrected much quicker than this.

The reason for the 10 business day wait time is that there are multiple caller ID databases across the country, none of which are under direct control of ooma. ooma has to submit the update, and then the update has to propagate throughout all the various databases. One database may get updated in a day or two, and another may take several days before it's updated. This is the case no matter who you have your phone service with.
#8129 by bverdon
Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:57 pm
scots wrote:
bverdon wrote:Basically the issue is, all of my outbound calls have someone else's name on their caller ID display (some folks are not picking up my calls). I was told that Ooma has 10 business days to correct this and was a little disappointed in hearing this. Again....I am patient, but others will have expectations to have something like this corrected much quicker than this.

The reason for the 10 business day wait time is that there are multiple caller ID databases across the country, none of which are under direct control of ooma. ooma has to submit the update, and then the update has to propagate throughout all the various databases. One database may get updated in a day or two, and another may take several days before it's updated. This is the case no matter who you have your phone service with.

Well....I would be perfectly ok with that explaination ;however, I am not being told this from customer service.

I would feel more confident that the issue is was being worked on if someone told me that they have made changes on their end and they are waiting for the other service providers to propagate the changes. That is not what I was told the three times I have called about this. What I was told gives me the impression that they have 10 days to resole this and that there is a backlog...they will get to this as soon as they can. They are making it sound as if they have not even made any changes to their own system to kick the updates off.
#8133 by sgs
Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:29 pm
Outgoing caller id issue is not an isolated one. Many people on this forum have indicated that it has never worked form them, in some cases for several weeks to months. I have opened a ticket twice for this, no explanation has been given on why it does not work, and no call back/email on the status of the ticket. 10 business day wait time does not make any sense. It should not take more than a week.
#8134 by bverdon
Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:01 pm
sgs wrote:Outgoing caller id issue is not an isolated one. Many people on this forum have indicated that it has never worked form them, in some cases for several weeks to months. I have opened a ticket twice for this, no explanation has been given on why it does not work, and no call back/email on the status of the ticket. 10 business day wait time does not make any sense. It should not take more than a week.

That's not promising!

Just found this link... viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1092&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

So....this would explain why when I called into Customer support this past weekend about this, they saw the wrong name and mentioned that it was a billing issue. She said she saw the name "name here.." and that of course, is not me....so she knew something was up.

interesting...
#8721 by bverdon
Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:15 am
Just a quick update....

After calling customer support for weeks, finally got to speak with what I believe was a technician. I am not sure if she did anything to resolve the issue but the following day, my caller ID was corrected.
#10190 by StevenJohn
Sat May 23, 2009 12:45 pm
I am having this same problem with the wrong name on the out going calling ID. I called customer support and they said it would be corrected in a week to ten days. I think that is much too long. It's been almost a week and it is not corrected yet. Maybe soon.

SJ