Here is the breakdown:
Instant Second Line
Multi-Ring [This feature is currently in beta]
Send to Voicemail
Do Not Disturb
Personal Blacklist [beta]
Community Blacklist [beta]
Custom ring patterns
Google number - One number for all your calls and SMS
* Call screening - Announce and screen callers
* Listen in - Listen before taking a call
* Block calls - Keep unwanted callers at bay
* SMS - Send, receive, and store SMS
* Place calls - Call US numbers for free
* Taking calls - Answer on any of your phones
* Phone routing - Phones ring based on who calls
* Forwarding phones - Add phones and decide which ring
Google voicemail - Voicemail as easy as email, with transcripts
* Voicemail transcripts - Read what your voicemail says
* Listen to voicemail - Check online or from your phone
* Notifications - Receive voicemails via email or SMS
* Personalize greeting - Vary greetings by caller
* Share voicemail - Forward or download voicemails
Voice features - More cool things you can do with Google Voice
* Conference calling - Join people into a single call
* Call record - Record calls and store them online
* Call switch - Switch phones during a call
* Mobile site - View your inbox from your mobile
* GOOG-411 - Check directory assistance
* Manage groups - Set preferences by group
Most google voice services will be enhanced by Ooma premium.
Which do we really want, impersonal google with virtually no support, or Ooma with tons of support?
"With ooma Premier’s Google Voice Extensions, we can ..."
So Google Voice Extensions becomes another optional feature as part of premiere. If you don't subscribe to premiere, you don't get to use GV extensions.
You can still use Google Voice without the extensions, but then you'll be dialing a phone number to call a phone number to use GV the way you do with any other normal phone. It won't have that seamless integration with the Ooma system the way it will if you pay premiere to use GV Extensions.
I'm sure that ooma will keep making improvements to the Premier service and they'll need to in order to keep and increase subscription rates.
I have another 16 months before my subscription to Premier is up and I'll determine if it's worth it then. Who knows, maybe I'll upgrade to the Telo then.