Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#94530 by Sea.Kat
Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:44 pm
My phone just recently starting requiring me to press 1 to answer a call; which is AFTER I press the answer button on my phone. It's an extra unneccessary and unwanted step to answer a call, which results in lost calls due to the extra time it takes to answer a call. It's quite annoying; I didn't request it; and I can't find any way to deactivate it. Grrr!

Other than that, I'm quite pleased with my ooma phone service. (I do wonder, however, about the number of calls I get from people that appear to be wrong numbers. Either someone else had this number recently, or the lines are getting 'crossed' a lot. I get many calls from people/numbers I do not know.) In spite of that, ooma was still a great purchase. For the price, I now have free home phone service, including long distance, and no longer have to use my cell phone when I'm at home.

Just please stop forcing me to press 1 to answer a call that I've already chosen to answer!!!

Note: I don't use multi-ring, forwarding, or google voice.
#94534 by WayneDsr
Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:51 pm
Sounds like someone is forwarding their Google Voice number to your number??

Wayne
#94536 by lbmofo
Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:39 pm
These calls coming in, asking you to press 1 to answer, are they coming from numbers you know? If you call your Ooma number from your cell, do you have this issue too? If not, possibly, forwarding is still active from the previous user of this number.

If you don't care about the number, you can get yourself another number (while on Premier trial, you can) and if good, you can ask customer service to drop the bad one.