Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#94384 by bocaboy
Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:44 pm
The Ooma mobile app for the iPhone continues to be a hit-or-miss affair when making a call. At least half the time there is no audio once the call is connected. Bluetooth integration is also a 50/50 shot. If this was a free app as an add-on to a Premiere subscription, I might be more forgiving, but paying for this app and not having it perform reliably is just not acceptable.

How are other usiers faring with this app? Any suggestions to beat it into submission?
#94389 by lbmofo
Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:40 pm
About the app, are you using wifi or 3G? If wifi, maybe your router isn't playing nice with the app. I've gone through 2 TrendNet routers (1 worked on and off) that didn't work well with the app; couldn't figure out why. Even my D-Link DIR-825 didn't work out of the box until I upgraded the firmware.

Today, using 4G (AT&T's HSPA+ on iPhone 4S; even 3G on 4 and 3S were good), I had a 5 minute conversation without any issues. No problems for me.
#94407 by EX Bell
Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:43 pm
4G is a meaningless term ;) , but we get the point. Ooma mobile app does work well over good connection.
#94408 by lbmofo
Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:57 pm
EX Bell wrote:4G is a meaningless term

You're probably right, most people don't know what 4G means (may not care); originally AT&T wasn't gonna call HSPA+ 4G until TMobile started to; iPhone 4S (with latest OS upgrade) will reflect "4G" now if on AT&T's HSPA+. But AT&T has both LTE & HSPA+. TMobile only has HSPA+ and won't have LTE (no money to). LTE does/will trump all other 4G out there; Sprint's WiMax (also referred to as 4G) has no chance.