Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#94276 by 9204wilson
Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:56 pm
1. Age of Telo Had my Telo since Christmas of 2009. I work from home and make lots of use of my Telo. I have had no issues at all with my Telo. It has been great. I hope that it lasts for an eternity.
2. Does your Telo have a Phone port and a Wall port (Yes or No) ? Yes I do have the wall port on the Telo but I do not make use of the wall port. We still have a land line coming into our house and therefore, I have a 2 line phone on my desk. Line 1 is our house land line. Line 2 is Ooma (lines 1 and 2). If I want to conference, I have the choice of conferencing through Ooma and not use the house land line or I can make use of the house land line and use the conference button on my 2 line telephone. The system works very well.
3. If you have a Wall port on your Telo, do you utilize it (Yes or No) ? NO
4. Did your power supply require replacement (Yes or No) ? NO
5. Is your Telo Phone port connected to house wiring (Yes or No) ? YES. Our house is wired for two lines. I have the phone port on the back of the Telo connected to the line two port in the wall. Therefore, any telephone that is plugged into the line two ports throughout the house will ring when someone calls the Ooma phone numbers.
6. Is your Telo power plugged into a surge protector (Yes or No) ? NO. Should it be? Maybe I should do that.
7. Is your Telo power plugged into a UPS (Yes or No) ? No
8. Do you use the WiFi adapter (Yes or No) ? NO
9. Do you use the Bluetooth adapter (Yes or No) ? NO but I have been thinking about getting that.
10. Are there strong magnetic fields near your Telo such as a CRT Monitor, an induction charger such as Powermat, or large speaker magnets (Yes or No) ? NO

One other service that Ooma users that run their business out of their homes might like to consider is the Virtual Receptionist phone service that can be purchased through Costco. Depending on your Costco membership, it costs either $30 or $35 and gets you up to 250 extensions. Makes you look and sound like your a huge corporation even though your a one man or just a few person shop. With this service, you can also transfer calls between people. Coupled with Ooma, it make for a wonderful, low cost way to have a great telecommunications system for your small business.
#94323 by EX Bell
Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:38 am
9204wilson wrote:6. Is your Telo power plugged into a surge protector (Yes or No) ? NO. Should it be? Maybe I should do that.

Yes. Some power bars have them built in or you can buy a single outlet surge protector (this is what my Telo is currently plugged into). I bought mine on sale for $5. No harm can come from having one, but when you don't have one, a voltage spike in the thousands of volts that can occur during lightening storms and destroy electronic equipment.

9204wilson wrote:One other service that Ooma users that run their business out of their homes might like to consider is the Virtual Receptionist phone service that can be purchased through Costco. Depending on your Costco membership, it costs either $30 or $35 and gets you up to 250 extensions. Makes you look and sound like your a huge corporation even though your a one man or just a few person shop. With this service, you can also transfer calls between people. Coupled with Ooma, it make for a wonderful, low cost way to have a great telecommunications system for your small business.

Good tip. Is this the Smart Office product from Accessline Communications?