Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#8030 by wens32
Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:11 am
It would be nice to have a tool to be able to check on the status of your Ooma hub at home from the Lounge.

ie. if your internet is down, one would be able to click on a button, and see that the connection to the hub is unavailable.

Perhaps some sort of indicator widget with green and red light to indicate your hub status.
#8035 by WayneDsr
Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:41 am
I have a better indicator. It's on my cell phone. If the internet OR ooma goes down, within 2 minutes I get a nagging call from the wife!
:-)

Wayne
#8038 by wens32
Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:50 am
That's a good indicator indeed. That happens to me too...

Does the Ooma hub reboot itself after x minutes of lost internet connection?

I think I saw that in another Feature Request post...

A suite of Network Unavailable tools would be a great addition to the Ooma Core.

Network Unavailable Call Forwarding
Auto Reboot
Lounge Hub Status Indicator
#8040 by WayneDsr
Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:55 am
Yeah, I agree on the little tools. I mentioned sometime back of having a "widget" on maybe a phone or a desktop (like at work) that monitored ooma network.
Good ideas.

Wayne
#8055 by lohertz
Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:09 am
WayneDsr wrote:I have a better indicator. It's on my cell phone. If the internet OR ooma goes down, within 2 minutes I get a nagging call from the wife!

Wayne

I have that same one!
#8082 by oomg
Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:52 pm
lohertz wrote:
WayneDsr wrote:I have a better indicator. It's on my cell phone. If the internet OR ooma goes down, within 2 minutes I get a nagging call from the wife!

Wayne

I have that same one!

Yeah... got one too. Kind of expensive, but very reliable.