Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#93661 by mmullany4
Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:03 am
CA ATT keeps on raising their stand-alone/dry loop dsl due to a lot of their customers are dropping the landlines. In order for them to make up for loss revenue, they raised the price of the stand-alone dsl. does anyone know of any other companies that offer stand-alone/dry loop dsl in southern california?
#93743 by jcanavera
Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:12 pm
MO AT&T dry loop DSL went to $46 for 6 meg. I dropped them when they told me that they would not change my DSL to a dry loop when I dropped dial tone. Then they told me they would not accept an order for a dry loop in advance of the cancellation of dial tone until the dial tone itself was disconnected. I told them good bye and got a cable drop from Charter for $19.99 for a year with an optional year at $29.99....FYI I'm getting 18 meg down and 3 meg upstream on this circuit.

I'm glad that AT&T recognized my loyalty as a good customer after having an account with them for 42 contiguous years.
#93779 by WayneDsr
Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:14 pm
My friend just went through the same thing. He was a customer with AT&T for over 30 years. He called to get dry loop. They actually scheduled it for 5 days later. The very next morning everything was off, phone and DSL. He called them to ask why it was shut off so early, since the dry loop was scheduled for 4 days from then. They said it must have been a mistake to have it disconnected so soon. My friend asked them to turn it back on for the remainder of the days until the scheduled dry loop.
They said they could not. He was transferred to a few levels upward, but in the end, they refused to turn it back on until the scheduled dry loop 4 days in the future.
At that point he cancelled everything AT&T and they didn't blink an eye. Cable was out the very next morning to install his new cable modem.

Not sure what's going on with AT&T, but they are making all the wrong moves.

Wayne