Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#93290 by jetherton
Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:21 am
Is there a way to reduce or eliminate the delay when 10-digit dialing is enabled and I only dial 7 digits?

In general, when dialing from my cordless phone the digits get sent out pretty quickly. When I am waiting for the call to go through I think of how much money I am saving with Ooma. My wife just finds the wait annoying.

I would like to have a selectable option which would shorten the timeout where Ooma is waiting to see if it should wait for the additional three digits or just go ahead and dial the seven digits I have entered.

For the most part, 7-digit dialing eliminates the delay and works fine except when I am trying to use the caller ID option on my cordless phone to call back a number. My phone always displays this as a 10-digit number whether it is local or long distance.
#93291 by lbmofo
Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:23 am
Put a # at the end of 7 digits to send the call immediately.

"10-digit dialing lets you make long-distance calls without dialing the initial 1, just like on your cell phone.
This can introduce a short delay if you dial 7 digits for local calls. Press # after you dial to put the call through immediately."