Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#92778 by natureboy
Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:27 pm
Previously, when I would place a call & use *67 to block my caller ID info, the recipient would say that my caller information would be displayed as "Unavailable" "Anonymous" or "Unknown."

However, just recently, when I would use *67, the recipient now gets either "Restricted" or "Private" on their caller ID device.

Not sure what happened or how it changed. Is there any way to get it back to "Unavailable" "Anonymous" or "Unknown" when I use *67?

Thank you!!
#92798 by lbmofo
Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:42 am
Not sure what the answer is...hope someone who knows more can chime in.

I've always thought that *67 dialing would result in "Restricted" because you are blocking your callerid.

Not sure when and how the other varieties are invoked.
#92829 by thunderbird
Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:07 am
natureboy wrote:Previously, when I would place a call & use *67 to block my caller ID info, the recipient would say that my caller information would be displayed as "Unavailable" "Anonymous" or "Unknown."

However, just recently, when I would use *67, the recipient now gets either "Restricted" or "Private" on their caller ID device.

Not sure what happened or how it changed. Is there any way to get it back to "Unavailable" "Anonymous" or "Unknown" when I use *67?

Thank you!!

You could try removing power from your Ooma device for one hour. Then repower the Ooma device and test.

If that doesn't work, contact Ooma Customer Support:

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST

Please let the Ooma Forum know if your problem is resolved.