Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#7851 by TonyB
Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:27 pm
In the Lounge, under Ooma Core Services it states:

Unlimited U.S. calling
Caller-ID
Call-waiting
Voicemail
Voicemail notifications
Anonymous Call Block
Call Logs
Broadband Answering Machine
ooma Lounge
Enhanced 911
Free in-network calling
Caller-ID blocking (*67/*82)
Call return (*69)
=====

Since all US calls are free, is "Free in-network calling" to mean that international calls are free, IF the other party also has an Ooma? I'm not sure otherwise what to make of this...

Thanks.
#7852 by scots
Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:41 pm
Free in-network calling means that any call from one ooma line to another ooma line is free...so yes, if someone purchases an ooma and takes it out of the country with them (or you purchase an ooma and mail it to someone outside the USA) there will be no international minutes needed for either party when calling each other. The person who is outside the USA will have a USA phone number on their ooma system, as ooma does not issue non-US phone numbers.
#7853 by buzzman
Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:46 pm
Or look at it this way. If you're traveling abroad, you can bring your Ooma hub and make free calls to anyone int the US.
#7854 by c_koby
Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:50 pm
Yes - you would be calling the other party's OOMA number, which is a typical US number.
#7857 by TonyB
Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:54 pm
Interesting. scots, thanks for confirming.

For traveling abroad, I almost always have my laptop, and between IM and my employers desktop IP phone, there really wouldn't be a need to lug something else along...

My wife has family in Taiwan, so thinking of the Ooma for them, and the cost-saving that might exist, for them, and us... They wouldn't save on their local, in-country calls of course.
#7869 by niknak
Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:50 pm
some countries impose strict laws concerning telephone usage by other than government regulated services.