Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#92275 by Nargg
Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:22 pm
I'd really like to see my Ooma have normal LAN network access without the need to plug into the special port in the back. This would make the Ooma so much more user friendly for setup and continual operation. I hope this is considered in future firmware updates.
#92278 by WayneDsr
Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:02 pm
Sorry if I misunderstand, but are you referring to connecting your Telo directly to your router? As in Modem -> router -> Telo, as you would any pc?

If so, that's the way most of us connect.

Wayne
#92279 by Nargg
Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:06 pm
Exactly WayneDsr. The only way to access the Telo's internal features is to connect via modem -> Telo -> router. But I use a static IP address with routing to internal machines for Internet to LAN access. So I can't connect with that method. I have to use modem -> router -> Telo. You can't get to http://setup.ooma.com with this configuration. That stinks. Maybe if the setup page was truely cloud based, where you didn't need LAN access to reach all features of your Telo? There's lot's of better solutions to the method Ooma chose. I hope they re-think their setup methods.
#92282 by murphy
Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:15 pm
Go into the Telo setup page and create a port forwarding rule that forwards port 80 to 172.27.35.1.
Once that is done you can connect to the Telo setup page by connecting to the IP address that your router assigns to the Telo.
#92284 by WayneDsr
Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:25 pm
murphy wrote:Go into the Telo setup page and create a port forwarding rule that forwards port 80 to 172.27.35.1.
Once that is done you can connect to the Telo setup page by connecting to the IP address that your router assigns to the Telo.

What Murphy said.

Wayne
#92311 by truytim
Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:33 am
if prefer to connect Modem -> router -> Telo, you need to decrease your router firewall. refer to your router manual.