Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#92194 by rubantin
Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:14 am
I have a very simple request. I have been using google voice for a couple years now. When I bought my ooma I simply setup GV to forward all calls to my phone. Everything works great--except... The only thing I would like is for ooma to show my outgoing caller ID as my GV number. I do not want GV answering my voicemails or any other GV feature.
#92201 by southsound
Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:45 am
I totally agree. I have chosen not to use GVE but I would like to have my GV number used as outgoing CID. In fact, I would like the option to use multiple GV numbers that we can choose between like we can with our ooma numbers. I have one personal GV number that rings our first ooma number. I also have a non-profit corporation with a GV that rings our second ooma number.
#92218 by lbmofo
Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:12 pm
Outside of pulling GV numbers to populate additional "Default outgoing callerid" dropdown choices, the current implementation of Ooma GVE can accommodate this request if Ooma does not disable Ooma VM for the GVE virtual numbers. If one wants GV VM, then set the Ooma VM pick-up time to longer than 25 seconds, if not set it shorter.
#92219 by rubantin
Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:52 am
lbmofo wrote:Outside of pulling GV numbers to populate additional "Default outgoing callerid" dropdown choices, the current implementation of Ooma GVE can accommodate this request if Ooma does not disable Ooma VM for the GVE virtual numbers. If one wants GV VM, then set the Ooma VM pick-up time to longer than 25 seconds, if not set it shorter.

ooma does disable it... that is the problem...
#92224 by lbmofo
Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:21 am
rubantin wrote:
lbmofo wrote:Outside of pulling GV numbers to populate additional "Default outgoing callerid" dropdown choices, the current implementation of Ooma GVE can accommodate this request if Ooma does not disable Ooma VM for the GVE virtual numbers. If one wants GV VM, then set the Ooma VM pick-up time to longer than 25 seconds, if not set it shorter.

ooma does disable it... that is the problem...

Yes, on the surface, that's the only roadblock to what you want with current GVE setup.
#92243 by bukzin
Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:04 am
What is GVE ?

Thanks
#92246 by bukzin
Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:55 am
So is GVE another name for Ooma Premier?
#92247 by murphy
Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:19 am
bukzin wrote:So is GVE another name for Ooma Premier?

No, it's one of the features of Premier.