Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#91661 by mrdctaylor
Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:28 am
You guys *REALLY* need to make a wall bracket so I can mount my Telo on the wall. It would just need to be a simple plastic bracket made to fit the Telo that had a couple of keyhole slots in the back. Currently, I have mine "rigged" on the wall along with my router and switch. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE consider making a bracket. I would buy it in a heartbeat and I'm sure others would too!

David
#91682 by rmeden
Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:29 pm
I'm pretty sure I posted a *ME TOO* in another thread, but I figure I'll post and update.

I've hard a hard time trying to wall mount my Ooma.

I tried double sided tape, that didn't work. (fell down)
I tried taping a loop of string to the back of the Ooma and then using a nail. (fell down)
I suspect both of these failed due to the type of plastic and heat generated by the unit.

I considered opening the case and drilling a hole.

Then I had this idea:
ooma.jpg
ooma.jpg (72.62 KiB) Viewed 6322 times

I made a loop out of twine, looped it around the Ooma, through itself, and then on a nail. It's been rock solid since! (note: it's hung upside down to improve cable management)

Robert
#91880 by mrdctaylor
Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:50 pm
Well, I got tired of my Ooma Telo not being mounted, so I went to Home Depot and bought some metal braces. I bent them, wrapped them in electric tape (to keep from scratching the Telo) and mounted them. It isn't anything fancy, but here are the photos...

http://imgur.com/a/lLyGv

I mounted it upside-down so that the wires would be on the bottom.
#106113 by tbates57
Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:40 pm
Insulated cable clamps worked for me - a buck & a half also at Home Depot. I used 5/8" but larger or smaller might work better. The rubber insulation is soft and easily removed/replaced. The metal is thin anough for easy shaping by hand but substantial enough to securely support the Ooma. Tin snips took off the excess end.
Clamps.jpg
Clamps.jpg (6.49 KiB) Viewed 5523 times

Short flat-head screws fasten the clamps to the mounting board.
Ready.jpg
Ready.jpg (8.21 KiB) Viewed 5523 times

The wires routed down behind the mounting board kept the top snugly in place so fastening the top was not necessary.
Installed.jpg
Installed.jpg (6.18 KiB) Viewed 5523 times

The top could have been secured (if needed) with a screw-in "L" hook, OR
the cut-off clamp ends could be bent into claws and attached to the wall with springs (or rubber bands if you're really cheap) and hooked over the top edge (the bottom clamps could have been made shorter leaving enough rubber to pad the top clamps), OR
BIG spenders might want to purchase an extra pair of clamps (maybe larger) and fashion deeper brackets for the sides near the top.
Last edited by tbates57 on Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.