Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#7685 by arkumar15
Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:32 am
I requested for porting my number from Verizon. Does anyone has done this before. If yes, did Verizon charge anything for porting the number from them. And also how long did it take port a number from Verizon.
#7691 by garg11
Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:31 am
No, Verizon didn't charge me, but they did a lot bad things with their DSL,
They stop my DSL service and then I complain for that they said, that my house doesn't have Internet connection and any stupid things like do you want FIOS or Hi-Speed blh-blah-blah.
(I was verizon customer for 5 year and know other :o) )
It was until I complain to sv. of customer support(customer support are so cheap,so bad,wily people)
quit their service.
#7707 by Shell
Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:38 pm
arkumar15 I too am porting a number from Verizon did someone from ooma email you and tell you that you needed a CSR? They told me that then when I called Verizon they said ooma needed to call some other place and get it not me. When I told ooma this they asked for a copy of my phone bill. Makes me wonder what is going on.
#7709 by niknak
Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:49 pm
I ported my number from Verizon in NYC - it took 30 days- this is how it went....
faxed OOMA my phone bill during last week of February

Did not hear from them for 2 weeks

Got an email then week of March 9 stating they received my LOA & phone bill

Following week got email stating port was scheduled to complete on April 1

April 1 at midnight Verizon home wiring was dead, temporary OOMA number was replaced by the number I had ported and was working

Credit card charge from OOMA appeared with April billing statement

no charges from Verizon for port, in fact just received a 15$ credit back from Verizon since port occurred in the middle of a billing cycle

All is good with OOMA except for outages earlier this week1
#7824 by arkumar15
Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:59 am
niknak wrote:I ported my number from Verizon in NYC - it took 30 days- this is how it went....
faxed OOMA my phone bill during last week of February

Did not hear from them for 2 weeks

Got an email then week of March 9 stating they received my LOA & phone bill

Following week got email stating port was scheduled to complete on April 1

April 1 at midnight Verizon home wiring was dead, temporary OOMA number was replaced by the number I had ported and was working

Credit card charge from OOMA appeared with April billing statement

no charges from Verizon for port, in fact just received a 15$ credit back from Verizon since port occurred in the middle of a billing cycle

All is good with OOMA except for outages earlier this week1

Hi niknak,

Thanks for the information. It has been 2 weeks i have submitted my LOA. I received an email from OOMA after 5 days of sending the LOA. They told me that it will take atleast 3 weeks after submitting LOA. I am waiting for the porting to be done as soon as possible. I think it will take atleast one month as it took one month for you. They already charged my credit card with $ 39.99 for porting. I haven't received any email from ooma when the porting is scheduled. I am waiting for it.
#7871 by niknak
Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:57 pm
I think you'll be alright 30 days seems like the average for verizon ports
#7881 by dlong
Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:31 pm
Originally I was a bit nervous about doing a number port. People on this board calmed me down (WayneDr, murphy, number9). Looking back, no big deal at all. Originally, I was a wus, and Ooma rocked!

Ooma sent email saying the port from Verizon had started. Three weeks later, Ooma sent an email that the port would happen on a specific day. The day went by. At the end of the day, Ooma sent an email saying port was complete. Whole thing was smooth. Never would have known anything happened exept the phone sounded better.
#7887 by arkumar15
Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:17 pm
Shell wrote:arkumar15 I too am porting a number from Verizon did someone from ooma email you and tell you that you needed a CSR? They told me that then when I called Verizon they said ooma needed to call some other place and get it not me. When I told ooma this they asked for a copy of my phone bill. Makes me wonder what is going on.

hi Shell,

I do not know what is CSR ? I too sent copy of my phone bill. ooma didn't ask me CSR. That's it.
#7889 by niknak
Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:21 pm
I do not know what is CSR ? I too sent copy of my phone bill. ooma didn't ask me CSR. That's it.

CSR= Customer Service Representative

He had to call OOMA customer service