Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#91033 by u00marf
Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:31 am
Ported our number from AT&T to Ooma. Instead of taking 3 weeks it took 3 days. Not bad at all. We live in western burbs of Chicago.
#92274 by Nargg
Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:18 pm
I used to work for a telcomm. It normally takes about 30 seconds to port a number. Not sure why Ooma has such a long wait time, unless they are under-manned for the work. In my personal experience, I've ported my number 2 times before, and a cell phone number a handful of times too. Each time on those it was done within a hour of request. Hopefully Ooma will do better on this in the future.
#92322 by lbmofo
Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:28 pm
Nargg wrote:I used to work for a telcomm. It normally takes about 30 seconds to port a number. Not sure why Ooma has such a long wait time, unless they are under-manned for the work. In my personal experience, I've ported my number 2 times before, and a cell phone number a handful of times too. Each time on those it was done within a hour of request. Hopefully Ooma will do better on this in the future.

Wireless to wireless in most cases are done within 5 minutes. However, from and to landline/voip is a different story. FCC has mandated these to be done within a business day (simple ports). But Ooma is exempt from this rule because they are considered a "reseller" because resellers are considered "non simple."