Number Port...it was quick!

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
u00marf

Number Port...it was quick!

Post by u00marf » Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:31 am

Ported our number from AT&T to Ooma. Instead of taking 3 weeks it took 3 days. Not bad at all. We live in western burbs of Chicago.

Nargg

Re: Number Port...it was quick!

Post by Nargg » Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:18 pm

I used to work for a telcomm. It normally takes about 30 seconds to port a number. Not sure why Ooma has such a long wait time, unless they are under-manned for the work. In my personal experience, I've ported my number 2 times before, and a cell phone number a handful of times too. Each time on those it was done within a hour of request. Hopefully Ooma will do better on this in the future.

Frankjake

Post by Frankjake » Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:36 am

It took 7 days for mine, not the 3 weeks as expected.

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:28 pm

Nargg wrote:I used to work for a telcomm. It normally takes about 30 seconds to port a number. Not sure why Ooma has such a long wait time, unless they are under-manned for the work. In my personal experience, I've ported my number 2 times before, and a cell phone number a handful of times too. Each time on those it was done within a hour of request. Hopefully Ooma will do better on this in the future.
Wireless to wireless in most cases are done within 5 minutes. However, from and to landline/voip is a different story. FCC has mandated these to be done within a business day (simple ports). But Ooma is exempt from this rule because they are considered a "reseller" because resellers are considered "non simple."
Customer Since: 3/13/10
Hardware: Telo & Hub
Service: Premier 12/06/10
Verizon Port: 3/15/10 - 4/02/10
Internet: 100 Mbps/10 Mbps
Setup: SB6141/R6700/Ooma
MainStreetSHARES Ebates: get Ca$h Back when you shop online!!