Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#7533 by WayneDsr
Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:56 am
No, I'm in agreement with you niknak. Putting an on off switch on the ooma hub would not be the way to "power cycle" the unit.

You way does, but interrupting the power to the unit.

Wayne
#7550 by thively
Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:16 pm
I would assume reason there is no off switch is to not confuse the customer.
The device is a network router and intended to be on 24/7. If you put a power switch on it, people will think they're supposed to turn it off and wonder why they don't get phone calls while it's off.

My cable modem and D-Link routers don't have power switches nor do the rest of my networking components. I don't expect my Ooma phone router to have a power switch.

Most things that I have that are not supposed to be turned off don't have a power switch.

I don't remember. Does the Ooma device reboot if you hold the Ooma tab button down? I know if you hold it while plugging it in it factory resets, but what about when it's already on?
#7577 by tommies
Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:19 pm
niknak wrote:I have all my network equipment (router, hubs, switch, ooma ) plugged into a power strip which then connects to a battery backup UPS.

All I need to do is press the button on the power strip to cycle all my devices

Yes, very simple.