Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#90174 by GuyGadois
Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:59 pm
I am a newbie so this may be covered already or maybe I am doing this wrong but I find it way too hard to add a solicitation call to the black list. Why not be able to do a single click from the call log to add the number to my personal blacklist?

Guy Gadois
#90175 by thunderbird
Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:27 pm
GuyGadois wrote:I am a newbie so this may be covered already or maybe I am doing this wrong but I find it way too hard to add a solicitation call to the black list. Why not be able to do a single click from the call log to add the number to my personal blacklist?

Guy Gadois

Only two clicks?
In My Ooma https://my.ooma.com/call_logs, find the number that you want to Blacklist, go across to right to the Stop symbol (just to the left of the Gear symbol). Click on the Stop symbol. Click on Save.
#90190 by joe123
Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:41 am
GuyGadois wrote:I am a newbie so this may be covered already or maybe I am doing this wrong but I find it way too hard to add a solicitation call to the black list. Why not be able to do a single click from the call log to add the number to my personal blacklist?

You did not ask, but you should know that you cannot do wildcard blocking at the moment with Ooma.

Telemarketers use pools of 800 numbers and a telemarker company can easily have several hundreds numbers they can call from. So you will spend all your time blocking specify 800 numbers and they will still get through with a different number.

The fix is to do wildcard blocking, like block all 800-xxx-xxxx numbers and that will take care of many telemarketers.

Ooma is silent on why they won't enable this.
#90298 by GuyGadois
Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:25 pm
thunderbird wrote:

Guy Gadois

Only two clicks?
In My Ooma https://my.ooma.com/call_logs, find the number that you want to Blacklist, go across to right to the Stop symbol (just to the left of the Gear symbol). Click on the Stop symbol. Click on Save.

I didn't see that solution. Thank you!