Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#90714 by avenger9
Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:23 pm
Hopefully the next to last update:

After putting in the second port request last week, I received today the message saying the port will happen tomorrow. Crossing fingers.
#90720 by gregg098
Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:06 pm
Got the email that my port was completed today and that I could log into My Ooma with the new number. That was this morning. As of 5 o clock, my calls goto some guy named Dave who is pissed that he keeps getting my calls and My Ooma does not work. Called customer service and they said the port is not done and to be patient and wait for the email saying its done (that I already got?). I think they need to worry about Dave more than me. Hopefully they straighten out the routing by tomorrow morning.
#90741 by lbmofo
Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:50 pm
avenger9 wrote:And GUESS WHAT, somehow this young lady is able to see that my port request was CANCELLED on Nov 2. Remember, I submitted on Nov 1. And since then, I've gotten 6 or so emails that have continuously pushed back the porting date (as if the request is still active). Nevermind the fact that I've called 5 times and no one has ever told me that! Yet, she's telling me that there's some message about the address not matching and that's why it was cancelled.

This is really unbelievable; the gal might not have told you the whole story (she may not even know). Usually, where there is an issue, you should have gotten email from Ooma porting department requesting you to react to the issue. They do not automatically cancel, especially so soon.
#90860 by VicMatson
Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:29 am
thunderbird wrote:
avenger9 wrote:Lately porting has gone very well for most people. Usually if there is a problem, some little small piece of information that you supplied to Ooma, about your previous phone provider where your phone number is being ported from, is incorrect or has been left out. The incorrect information can seem very insignificant to you, but it will stop the port process.
Then it's a Ooma problem, they are the experts and should know what will fly and what will cause a delay.