They simply continue to claim that they have made the port request and are awaiting approval by AT&T. If there are 20 different ways to say that, the rep I spoke with said it in 20 different ways. Besides the fact that it has been escalated to the porting team, that's all she knew (or would share). I tried to get confirmation of the information that they submitted to AT&T - but she continued to talk around that and again tell me, the port has been submitted. So my final question, how long should I wait for something to happen before I call back again. "Well sir, give us 24-48hrs and then...."
It's already been frickin' 4 weeks lady!! - something is amiss but I can't seem to get past the cookie cutter CS responses to every question. Let's see if AT&T shows anything in their system tomorrow......
When there is a conflict like this, I usually look at the situation as who gains to win and who gains to loose.avenger9 wrote:Not really sure who to believe now....
AT$T stands to loose here and I would think that they will do all they can to keep you.
Follow the money trail in any situation and it usually leads to the culprit.
avenger9, look at the email you received from Ooma right after you initiated the port request. The email should contain info such as what number you are porting, from what company, what account # etc. Take a look to see if the info is inline with:avenger9 wrote:*sigh*
So I call AT&T U-verse and am escalated to Level2 support. To make a long conversation short, AT&T finally says "well, we don't show that they've made a porting request. once they do so, we have 3 days to respond"
Not really sure who to believe now.....but I suppose I shall call Ooma back to see if they can at least confirm that they sent the port request. Wish me luck...
Type of Phone Number: VoIP or Digital Phone Service
Current Phone Provider: AT&T U-Verse
Perhaps you have type of phone number as "Landline" and current phone provider as "At&t?"
If there are errors such as these, let Ooma's porting department know; maybe they've been talking to the wrong folks over at AT&T.
Are you trying to port out of Verizon or Verizon Wireless?gregg098 wrote:Im trying to port from Verizon wireless. The port was going to go through quick except that Ooma put in my billing password wrong. When I verified it with them (it was right), they resubmitted a new request with it wrong again. Now its right on their request (supposedly), but its being rejected because there are now two port requests open with Verizon. Status says "rejected due to open work orders." Ooma keeps telling me I need confirmation numbers from Verizon that they closed these "work orders" out that dont exist. Verizon tells me that they have totally unlocked everything on my account, but its up to Ooma to just update the first port request (doesn't matter about the password any more). Ooma tells me that the other requests don't exist although Verizon cant just cancel another carriers ports.
I think I've called each company at least 10 times now. Being the middle man is fun.
My original port date was set for 12/20, so I guess Im ahead of the curve, but my frustration level with Ooma's porting team is pretty high.
Finally had time to (sit on hold) to get level2 support at AT&T. This time around, no one can seem to even tell me if they see a porting request. They do point out that they don't reject/ignore/deny ports - they can't do that. I believe them and that there's no funny business going on at their end. I finally reach a lady who is able to submit a request to their porting people and apparently THEY are the ones who can look up the status of my number (ie if there's a request). Fine, do that....and she says expect a call in 24-48hrs.
So, back to Ooma I go. This time, I ask specifically for them to pull up my information and read it to me as it was submitted on the port request. When she starts to tell me "Well, I see here the note on Dec 1 ...and it says the request has been submitted and escalated....blah blah" I almost lost it. This is the same damn thing they've been saying for 4 weeks! I again ask for the information that I submitted (I know it's on the LOA - I want them to verify).
And GUESS WHAT, somehow this young lady is able to see that my port request was CANCELLED on Nov 2. Remember, I submitted on Nov 1. And since then, I've gotten 6 or so emails that have continuously pushed back the porting date (as if the request is still active). Nevermind the fact that I've called 5 times and no one has ever told me that! Yet, she's telling me that there's some message about the address not matching and that's why it was cancelled.
Well, my address looks good on the LOA that I submitted - I really can't figure out what's wrong. Maybe it's that all my mail reads <house number> SW xx Place, where the form I submitted I could only do it as <house number> Southwest xx Place. SW vs. Southwest? At any rate, the bottom line is that it was cancelled so she verified and re-entered my address as SW - in case that was the issue.
We re-did the port request over the phone so let's see what happens.