Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#89991 by Phydous
Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:15 am
Allow access to web interface from WIRELESS port

I've looked in the forums and I can't find a clear definition of what this option does. (I don't have the Wi-Fi dongle.) Does anyone have a link to an explanation?

Also, I recently bought a SonicWALL TZ100W and my Ooma it conflicted with the wireless on my firewall. I had to manually set the channel and frequency on the firewall to get it to work. If you get a SonicWALL and are using a Telo, you may have trouble with your wireless connecting. If you do, shoot me an email and I'll let you know what I had to do to get them to play nice.
#89993 by thunderbird
Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:22 am
Phydous wrote:Allow access to web interface from WIRELESS port

I've looked in the forums and I can't find a clear definition of what this option does. (I don't have the Wi-Fi dongle.) Does anyone have a link to an explanation?

Also, I recently bought a SonicWALL TZ100W and my Ooma it conflicted with the wireless on my firewall. I had to manually set the channel and frequency on the firewall to get it to work. If you get a SonicWALL and are using a Telo, you may have trouble with your wireless connecting. If you do, shoot me an email and I'll let you know what I had to do to get them to play nice.

https://www.ooma.com/products/ooma-wireless-adapter
https://www.ooma.com/app/support/ooma-te ... dapter-faq
#90021 by thunderbird
Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:08 am
Phydous wrote:I apprecieate the links. Here's my question though...

I don't have a wireless adapter. Does the check box do anything if I don't have a wireless adapter?

I just tested and found that without having the Ooma Telo Wi-Fi adapter dongle installed, and in the Ooma Setup Advanced page, with the box checked in front of "Allow access to web interface from WIRELESS port", I am unable to access Ooma Setup by using the Internet connection IP address assigned to the Ooma by my Router, as you would when 172.27.35.1:80 is port forwarded.