Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#89901 by lbmofo
Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:38 pm
So this is how Comcast keeps their customers by screwing something up (likely not intentionally) to make a departing customer think "I better go back." tsk tsk.
#89903 by joe123
Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:22 pm
speedyvespa wrote:Again, I don't want to rely on a forum for a paid service. I expect the company to be able to help.

The majority of businesses have usuless staff for help and forums such as these are more productive and helpful.

So this begs to ask. You don't want to rely on this forum for help, but you want to rely on this forum to bitch and complain?

I am new to Ooma and have found it to be a lot better over all to my AT$T landline costing me a lot less. I would take your complaints with a serious tone if you had come here and tried a few things out first as there are many things that can affect your Ooma phone service without having to be a problem related to Ooma itself.
#89905 by RxTx
Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:07 pm
Your comments are of particular interest to me. I would love to dump AT&T and switch to Comcast internet. This switch would save me $$$$; IF it really works.
I hate AT&T. My AT&T phone bill is now $3.00 or , $69 including DSL, dollars higher now than my July bill. I have local calling only. No long distance, just local. I made the mistake of calling a long distance and was immediately "Upgraded or hijacked" to long distance service capability. This pisses me off! I hate AT&T. Even after a call to AT&T support, I could not lower my bill by three dollars. They say, everybody is now charged three dollars more; CRAP!
Currently I have AT&T DSL. I have no real problems with Ooma and AT&T DSL; I love Ooma. On the other hand, my daughter does not call my Ooma number, she calls my landline phone. She complains of noise, echoes and breakup; like satellite reception in the rain. My son calls me on the Ooma number, no problems! Love them both.
BTW, a 36 inch dish will solve the rain breakup problem, the bigger the better. May god bless BIG! :D
Ooma is good now; I trust it will improve in the future. Ooma will succeed with numbers, the more the merrier!
#89906 by joe123
Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:24 pm
RxTx, not sure if you were talking to me. I had AT$T prior to switching to Ooma. But I have TimeWarner Road Runner service for my Internet.

My friend has AT$T DSL and it's not very good Internet service from what he tells me. I took my Ooma box to test it under his Internet setup and it was pretty bad. With my RR Internet, my Ooma is just great. So I think AT$T DSL is not the best choice for VoIP equipment.
#89923 by joe123
Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:28 am
FreePhone wrote:
speedyvespa wrote:When I had Ooma basic, it worked OK. When I upgraded to Premier and ported my number to Ooma, nothing worked.

Then why not go back to Ooma basic?

Good point! :idea:
#89933 by tommies
Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:52 pm
lbmofo wrote:So this is how Comcast keeps their customers by screwing something up (likely not intentionally) to make a departing customer think "I better go back." tsk tsk.

I don't think so. I have Comcast for almost 2yrs. now, and the quality is quite good. I have at least 11Mb down and 2Mb up during peak time. It's nowhere near what the ad said, but I can live with this.

Moreover, I find that--from my experiences--Comcast's CS is pretty good too. During the time, I had called Comcast only twice, and both was resolved quickly by the next day.
#89938 by lbmofo
Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:50 pm
Not sure what went on with speedyvespa when Comcast number got ported. Perhaps, the Comcast routing table wasn't updated hence no incoming call? Maybe speedyvespa was setup in landline integration mode where Comcast dialtone was needed to have Ooma work? Don't know but the decision to go back was too quick in my opinion because forum could have helped I think.