Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#89420 by southsound
Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:15 am
I wanted to give a heartfelt thank you to all who have served or are currently serving in the military. Your service and your sacrifice are greatly appreciated.

Some additional thoughts:

"Freedom is never free." -Author Unknown

"I think there is one higher office than president and I would call that patriot." -Gary Hart

"This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave." -Elmer Davis

"It is easy to take liberty for granted, when you have never had it taken from you." -Unknown

"I dream of giving birth to a child who will ask, 'Mother, what was war?'" -Eve Merriam

"We often take for granted the very things that most deserve our gratitude." -Cynthia Ozick
#89433 by WayneDsr
Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:56 pm
Big thanks Veterans!
#89439 by etters
Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:39 pm
On my way to visit my father's grave in Arlington Cemetery I have walked past the many new grave sites for the brave American warriors who were fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan. On some of the graves, the family members have placed baby blankets and other childhood mementos of their now deceased children/loved ones. This reminder of the real and repeated sacrifices made on our behalf by our veterans humbles me in gratitude for their love and dedication to our nation.
Ron Etters 11/11/2011
#89446 by joe123
Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:10 pm
My sincerely heartfelt thank you to all Veterans who have given so much for us to enjoy our freedoom!

[Moderator edit: Please refrain from posting inappropriate political messages]
#89493 by oldanbo
Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:28 am
thunderbird wrote:Big thanks Veterans also!

I wonder how many others using this forum, beside myself, fit the Veterans catagory?

+1 here....also 45th wedding anniversary here. :D
#89499 by thunderbird
Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:44 am
oldanbo wrote:
thunderbird wrote:Big thanks Veterans also!

I wonder how many others using this forum, beside myself, fit the Veterans catagory?

+1 here....also 45th wedding anniversary here. :D

I knew there was something that I like about you. Now I don't feel so lonely. :D