Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#97219 by murphy
Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:28 pm
imahawki wrote:
Bobby B wrote:We have plans to enable the voicemail on/off toggle in My Ooma early next year.

Where can I find this feature that was enabled early this year?

It hasn't been implemented.
#103288 by mitchd123
Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:44 pm
I would also like to see an option to disable voicemail with basic.

Apparently support can permanently disable your voicemail. What I did was set the pickup time to 59 seconds on the website. But believe it or not, a few folks still kept leaving messages. I then went into the voicemail prompt on the phone, and created a personal greeting which said: " STOP and please listen, this voicemail is not monitored. Please call xxx-xxx-xxxx to leave a message. Once again that number is xxx-xxx-xxxx" This may be a better option for those folks that are going to be on vacation and using a different number, etc.
#109573 by ancaster
Tue May 07, 2013 8:29 am
mitchd123 wrote:I would also like to see an option to disable voicemail with basic.

Apparently support can permanently disable your voicemail. What I did was set the pickup time to 59 seconds on the website. But believe it or not, a few folks still kept leaving messages. I then went into the voicemail prompt on the phone, and created a personal greeting which said: " STOP and please listen, this voicemail is not monitored. Please call xxx-xxx-xxxx to leave a message. Once again that number is xxx-xxx-xxxx" This may be a better option for those folks that are going to be on vacation and using a different number, etc.

Googled and came across this. An excellent idea as we prefer to use our Panasonic answering system.
The alerts and operations are just easier on the handsets.

However, ideally, there should be a toggle on our online dashboards rather than calling support to permanently disable it.
Has there been any followup by Ooma?
#109583 by Tom
Tue May 07, 2013 11:38 am
Previously it was permanent because it was resource intensive to undo, now support has an easy tool to disable or enable the mailbox.
#109670 by lbmofo
Thu May 09, 2013 1:07 pm
OomaBob wrote:I also would like to see an option in the Voicemail MENU to temporarily disable Voicemail.
Thanks for that option, ASAP

Bob

There was a request to not only empower users to enable/disable VM but also when on the phone, give incoming caller busy signal (currently, endless ring). Is that what you would like as well?
#109683 by OomaBob
Thu May 09, 2013 4:31 pm
OomaBob wrote:I also would like to see an option in the Voicemail MENU to temporarily disable Voicemail.
Thanks for that option, ASAP

Bob

Stepping up the time period for VM to activate is a good fix for me and I will use that as necessary.... ie 59 seconds...as was mentioned earlier.