Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#89321 by lbmofo
Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:36 pm
Bobby B wrote:Oh yes I forgot to address that - if you disable your voicemail, you'll be able to turn it on again anytime later.

lbmofo wrote:
Bobby B wrote:We have plans to enable the voicemail on/off toggle in My Ooma early next year.

Thanks Bobby. People who chose VM death penalty, will their VM come back alive with "off?"

I was talking about the folks that choose to "permanently" disable their VM today. Are you saying that these guys can turn it on again anytime later? or just when the toggle feature is implemented?
#89322 by Bobby B
Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:21 pm
lbmofo wrote:I was talking about the folks that choose to "permanently" disable their VM today. Are you saying that these guys can turn it on again anytime later? or just when the toggle feature is implemented?

Just when the toggle feature is implemented.
#92682 by gtdurham
Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:39 am
When we get this option available to us, will callers get a busy signal when we're on the phone or will it just ring and ring? I'd sure prefer that they were to get a busy signal.
#92692 by EX Bell
Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:45 pm
While you wait for the feature to be implemented, why not have fun with unwanted callers? How long can the greeting be?
You could record either a busy signal or fast busy as the greeting for as long as is allowed. Who wouldn't hang up immediately after hearing that? That is, assuming you can make the greeting long enough.
#93313 by rheavy2
Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:47 pm
You are assuming that it's always a person on the line ...

EX Bell wrote:While you wait for the feature to be implemented, why not have fun with unwanted callers? How long can the greeting be?
You could record either a busy signal or fast busy as the greeting for as long as is allowed. Who wouldn't hang up immediately after hearing that? That is, assuming you can make the greeting long enough.
#93314 by EX Bell
Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:01 pm
Ya. What phones you if not a person?

You wrote in your initial post
rheavy2 wrote:Users need to be able to turn off voicemail!!!!! I still get knuckleheads leaving messages after 59 secs!!!!! Or at least extend the voicemail pickup time to something like an hour.

There are already features in place to block robo callers and the like. If I understand correctly, and maybe I don't, you can get voicemail disabled today if you want by customer service. Later they will introduce a feature to allow you to toggle it off/on from your user control panel.