Basic (not Premier) voice mail forwarding.

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
Smurfooma

Basic (not Premier) voice mail forwarding.

Post by Smurfooma » Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:22 pm

Hello.
I'm a Ooma customer.
As a basic feature, we should be able to
1) Disable voicemail
2) Forward to an external voicemail service/number. (Anytime anything would go to Ooma's voicemail it is instead forward to a configured number).
These should be "free" basic service. Why?
Ooma doesn't have to incur any voicemail storage! And because we have enabled this feature, you can actually disable/plan on not having to provide voicemail storage and services. So if 10% of your customers enable one of these choices, you can remove them from you storage/service planning for voicemail. And, its a much friendlier option than having to call Ooma customer support to disable it permanently.

In addition, as a former UVerse customer, UVerse provides the following features:
No Answer Call Forwarding - Send missed calls to another phone number
Busy Call Forwarding - Forward incoming calls to another number when the line is busy
Exclusive Call Forwarding - Forward select calls to another number
I can see these being the "Premier" enhancements to the basic features I outlined above.

Lastly
In the event of a network outage, (where my Ooma phone can't ring), ALL customers should be able to have their phone forwarded to another phone. I know that this is available as a Premier feature, but I feel this should be a basic feature, and it is for the UVerse customers.

rkparkinson

Re: Basic (not Premier) voice mail forwarding.

Post by rkparkinson » Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:00 pm

Yep, I agree. My lowly Magicjack has been forwarding me my voicemails for years for $13 a year! I don't even hook it up any more. I may get magicjack plus and ebay my ooma.

lbmofo

Re: Basic (not Premier) voice mail forwarding.

Post by lbmofo » Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:39 am

rkparkinson wrote:My lowly Magicjack.....
Agreed.
rkparkinson wrote:My lowly Magicjack.....I don't even hook it up any more.
I can understand why.
rkparkinson wrote:I may get magicjack plus...
Good luck with that, you may need it.
Customer Since: 3/13/10
Hardware: Telo & Hub
Service: Premier 12/06/10
Verizon Port: 3/15/10 - 4/02/10
Internet: 100 Mbps/10 Mbps
Setup: SB6141/R6700/Ooma
MainStreetSHARES Ebates: get Ca$h Back when you shop online!!