Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#88920 by psmsmallengines
Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:59 am
Call it like it is, I am probably the first to complain out loud, but I have to also be first in line to say thank you when it's due. Ooma made up for a service issue I had with them earlier this week and the past issues I had when I was with them until the end of August. But now I am coming back. I bought one telo for my Home Office and one for the Family. The one for my home Office was used. When I got it, the numbers just lit up, nothing more, even after activation. Thats when I was I into the put on hold abyss. I sent them a blunt email, no swears, nothing like that, but, blunt. Not only did they respond, but did so strongly! They are replacing my Used Telo with a New one. They also waived the reactivation fee. They also sent the new telo from San Jose Calif. to N.H. OVERNIGHT, it will arrive today. So they do respond. With my refurbished telo from woot.com, the power adapter was no good.That telo if Fine and is now working wityh a borrowed power adapter) They are sending me a new one as well. So to all this I say "Thank-you" Ooma. :D
#88921 by etters
Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:07 am
This is valuable info for the Ooma community. The fact that Ooma has come through to satisfy your concerns gives us a good sense of how Ooma will treat the rest of us. So, thanks for passing on your experience.
#88935 by Charles R
Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:58 am
etters wrote:This is valuable info for the Ooma community. The fact that Ooma has come through to satisfy your concerns gives us a good sense of how Ooma will treat the rest of us. So, thanks for passing on your experience.

I'm not so sure that is the case. I had a brand new unit (for two months) that needed to be replaced and the best they would do is configure a refurb within a day or so and ship it via ground. End result being I would have been phone less for over a week. I expressed a desire since I would be phone less for perhaps a quicker resolution that fell on several deaf ears. Eventually, Amazon agreed to let me return it (it was pass their return window) without any restocking fees and I purchased another one from them.
#88959 by psmsmallengines
Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:20 am
Like I said, my Email was pretty blunt and pointed out the flaws in their customer service. I was firm, yet polite enough, I too was suprised as I figured they wouldnt do anything. So that was my particular case, yours like you say was different. I too had different results with them when I left in August. Now I am a little more savvy on how they roll and so forth, I have not only found that with them but with other companies as well, even more so with a certain prepaid wireless cellphone company who gave me nothing but a hard time porting out a phone number to a landline this week. It was finally done, but it was a living hell going throug it as they claimed they gave the numnber to someone esle etc. Anyway, Speaking up and not giving up won out. Just thinking about it makes me want to take a nap! :D