Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#451 by juicy360
Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:41 pm
Provide a way to call back the originator of the call without having to dial the number.

Would be nice if while listening to a VM you could hit line 2 button (or other button) and your phone rings, when you pickup the handset it connects you to the call and auto dials the number. Having the option to keep playing the message on the ooma device while you're calling back on the handset would be great too (personally I'd have it do this by default).

*Also be able to call back from the lounge.
#533 by Mojo
Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:33 pm
Hi juicy360,

Thanks for the suggestions. Having the ability to callback a caller while playing voicemail or from the Lounge ("click-to-call") would be a handy feature. Right now, you can call back the last person who called you by dialing *69.
#1533 by mk11
Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:23 pm
I would love to have this feature available. My friend and I have had Lingo VOIP for several years, and being able to call through Lingo for free from a remote location by replying to a voice message has been a huge benefit.

In fact, it's a deal breaker for my friend who was thinking of switching to Ooma. He calls his voicemail locally while at work to check his messages and uses the feature to call back a message-leaver by pressing "8" during the message.

The call is automatically routed through the Lingo system and therefore doesn't incur any long distance charges. This is the only option he has that allows him to return long distance calls while while at work or using another local phone.

ETA: I believe I read that there is an option to call back the person who left the message, but only if they also have Ooma... which is very limiting at this point, unfortunately.