Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#7150 by jlwalw
Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:49 am
Does anyone have problem receiving fax? I cannot receive any fax coming in. Help! Thanks.
#8241 by sburke39
Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:35 pm
I too had problems receiving fax messages when the machine is set to automatically answer (mine was set to answer after 4 rings, same as the old answering machine). Now with OOMA, the only way I've been able to recieve a fax is to manually start the fax receive function, which means anyone sending a fax has to call ahead of time. And I obviously have to be there to start the process.

I don't use the fax enough for this to be a major issue. But it would be nice if I could have left it working as it was before. What would be even better is if OOMA would capture fax messages and send them to me as email.
#8243 by murphy
Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:41 pm
jlwalw wrote:Does anyone have problem receiving fax? I cannot receive any fax coming in. Help! Thanks.

The fax machine must be connected to the hub.
Set the QOS values in the hub configuration to 0.
#8260 by jlwalw
Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:19 am
murphy wrote:
jlwalw wrote:Does anyone have problem receiving fax? I cannot receive any fax coming in. Help! Thanks.

The fax machine must be connected to the hub.
Set the QOS values in the hub configuration to 0.

What is the QOS? What does it do? If I put it to "0" for fax to come in, do I need to change it back when not using the fax functionality? Thanks.
#8263 by WayneDsr
Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:12 am
QOS = Quality of Service.
If you set QOS to 0 and your call quality doesn't change, then you'd be ok to leave it. Generally, if it improves your fax it will improve your voice.

Wayne