Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#7052 by hayedid
Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:40 pm
I believe this might take a hardware change (?), but since it takes 3 to 4 weeks to port a land line number to OOMA, it would be nice if the OOMA could process both OOMA calls and calls coming in on the land line.

It seems like this integration would be useful to all new users. OOMA could even right differently for a land line call.

Thanks again for a great service.
#8192 by dmlanger
Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:43 pm
with the landline plugged into the hub, just turnoff/unplug the power from the ooma device and you'll be using your landline. once you finally get a dead silence when making calls, just turn it on / plug it back in. To avoid any missed calls during this process preset your ooma account to forward/multiring calls to your cell.
#8200 by Pandora
Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:12 pm
hayedid wrote:I believe this might take a hardware change (?), but since it takes 3 to 4 weeks to port a land line number to OOMA, it would be nice if the OOMA could process both OOMA calls and calls coming in on the land line.

It seems like this integration would be useful to all new users. OOMA could even right differently for a land line call.

Thanks again for a great service.
I think the Ooma hub already does what you ask. On activation a prompt comes up for how you want to use Ooma. If you select with your phone, then Ooma works with your POTS phone.

Have you plugged your phone line into the Ooma hub?
#8294 by thively
Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:39 am
I set call forwarding on my AT&T POTS line to my temporary Ooma number.
All calls to my AT&T POTS simply rang Ooma. Outgoing calls went out over Ooma.
When the port went through, I didn't have to do anything. Calls just started coming in on Ooma.

The only problems with my method:
1) Outgoing caller ID comes from the temp. Ooma number, not my number which is still on the POTS line. This confused family and friends for a few weeks.
2) Multi ring feature won't work (until your port is complete.) As stated in other threads, Ooma will not forward a call to multi ring when it's recieving a forwarded call (from your POTS line in this case.)