Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#87943 by pwslo
Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:12 pm
I need to be able to use my computer's modem to connect to remote data systems which have dial-up modems. Currently Ooma's Telo does not have that capability. Sure would be nice.
#87961 by thunderbird
Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:30 pm
pwslo wrote:I need to be able to use my computer's modem to connect to remote data systems which have dial-up modems. Currently Ooma's Telo does not have that capability. Sure would be nice.

Have you tried dialing:
For the Ooma Hub dial *99 before the number being dialed.
For the Ooma Telo dial *99, *98 or *96 before the number being dialed.
Example *99-1-xxx-xxx-xxxx
#88378 by pwslo
Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:45 pm
Thunderbird - I tried your suggestions, but none of them (*99, *98, *96) worked. I get all the sounds i normally associate with a connection, but after the modem negotiations, everything just stops with no connection in the end.

BTW, what are those codes supposed to do?

Any other ideas?

Thanks!!
#88386 by thunderbird
Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:06 pm
pwslo wrote:Thunderbird - I tried your suggestions, but none of them (*99, *98, *96) worked. I get all the sounds i normally associate with a connection, but after the modem negotiations, everything just stops with no connection in the end.

Any other ideas?

Thanks!!

The * codes listed select different Codecs with wider bandwidths, except for *96 - which is iLBC Codec I believe without HD voice.
#88392 by pwslo
Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:19 pm
thunderbird wrote:
pwslo wrote:Thunderbird - I tried your suggestions, but none of them (*99, *98, *96) worked. I get all the sounds i normally associate with a connection, but after the modem negotiations, everything just stops with no connection in the end.

Any other ideas?

Thanks!!

The * codes listed select different Codecs with wider bandwidths, except for *96 - which is iLBC Codec I believe without HD voice.

Well, I gave it one more try with a *99, and it worked!!!