Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#87646 by thunderbird
Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:18 pm
jciarrocchi wrote:I have Earthlink/Comcast. Intermittent high jitter. comcast is dense. Want the easiest hassle free expereince, if I have to pay more, OK. too much BS wasted time. Thanks in advance.

What Internet providers are available to you?

Many times jitter is caused by a defective Modem. If the jitter appears at about three in the afternoon and on, (the children come home from school) the inbound internet signal in your area could be over subscibed (too many users on at one time).
#87660 by thunderbird
Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:22 pm
Greg4ooma wrote:Have CHARTER 18mbps down / 2mbps up.
a+ on pingtest.net
0 packet loss
0 jitter.

works perfect (except when calling AT&T landlines----can't hear caller).

"Works perfect (except when calling AT&T landlines----can't hear caller)".
If you have an Ooma Telo, try dialing *98, or *96 before the number being dialed. Example *98-1-xxx-xxx-xxxx# and test.
#87664 by jciarrocchi
Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:31 am
We have Comcast, Time Warner and Verizon. Brand new modem, and brand new router. Set up modem, OOMA, router. upload and download speeds no problems. As I said intermittent today jitter problems were at 10 AM.

Don't want to have to juggle possible solutions each time I use phone. Just want predictability. comments? I will check out Charter. Live in Houston, Texas

Thanks for the help
#87665 by thunderbird
Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:06 am
jciarrocchi wrote:We have Comcast, Time Warner and Verizon. Brand new modem, and brand new router. Set up modem, OOMA, router. upload and download speeds no problems. As I said intermittent today jitter problems were at 10 AM.

Don't want to have to juggle possible solutions each time I use phone. Just want predictability. comments? I will check out Charter. Live in Houston, Texas

Thanks for the help

One last thought on what other Ooma users have reported in the past:
Sometimes the Internet cable coming in from the Street to the modem, will have bad connections (high resistance), the cable is old and defective, or there are splitters in the cable that may be defective or the connections are not tight, which at times will cause high jitter.
#87689 by Lord Vader
Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:46 pm
I'd love to have FIOS, but it's prohibited in the State of Illinois. I have Comcast, and as much as I hate to admit, their service has been reliable--my Internet is hardly ever down--and fast. I pay $39.99/month for 30-35megs down and around 7-8 megs up. The latter allowed me to adjust my settings on my Ooma router bandwidth numbers. The end result is outstanding, crystal clear call quality for one thing.