Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#87537 by llptbird
Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:26 pm
OOMA:
It would be nice to put in "MY OOMA" a feature where you can add the extra * numbers so you can make an "800" call.

Example: *82-1-xxx-xxx-xxxx

TomP
#87538 by thunderbird
Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:47 pm
llptbird wrote:OOMA:
It would be nice to put in "MY OOMA" a feature where you can add the extra * numbers so you can make an "800" call.

Example: *82-1-xxx-xxx-xxxx

TomP

Just information:
Normally just dialing the 8xx number works. It's just lately that there is some kind of "bug" in the Ooma system the is preventing normal 8xx calls from going through. The prefexes are just work-a-rounds for people that can't call the 8xx numbers the normal way.

But I agree it would be nice to have a My Ooma additon, to allow adding prefexes, to change to different Codecs, when the normal Codec fails to function properly.
#87544 by llptbird
Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:08 pm
thunderbird:
My problem with just dialing the number is that it is a medical device and the number is programed into it and it dials into my hospital every couple of hours but the modems want make a good handshack and not connect.
TomP
#87551 by murphy
Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:19 am
llptbird wrote:thunderbird:
My problem with just dialing the number is that it is a medical device and the number is programed into it and it dials into my hospital every couple of hours but the modems want make a good handshack and not connect.
TomP

This is a modem connection and needs to have the *99 pause prefix to allow the modem connection to work. In addition when you call the company find out if the baud rate can be dropped to 9600 baud or lower and if error correction can be disabled.

IMHO you should not connect a life safety device to VOIP or the internet. I keep a basic landline for my alarm system. It's a Verizon copper phone line that costs less than $17 per month. It has no long distance, except for 800 numbers, and no regional calling. A call to that number does not ring any phones although there is a phone connected to it that can be easily used to call 911 if needed.