Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#87279 by 2815685116
Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:26 am
It would be of a benefit to all users if the blacklist was not limited to 256 entries. Although Ooma has expanded it from 128 to 256 entries, I for one have surpassed that number by simply blocking telemarketers/phone surveyors, etc.

Unrestricting the amount of entries allowed would definately be worth while to your users! :!:
#87280 by highq
Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:02 am
2815685116 wrote:It would be of a benefit to all users if the blacklist was not limited to 256 entries. Although Ooma has expanded it from 128 to 256 entries, I for one have surpassed that number by simply blocking telemarketers/phone surveyors, etc.

Unrestricting the amount of entries allowed would definately be worth while to your users! :!:

How did you ever attract so many? I'm on the government do-not-call registries, and I might get one annoying call per month.

I think, though, that you're creating a magnet to attract even more junk calls by using your phone number as your user name here. Call Ooma Customer Service to change it.
#87884 by fred67
Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:55 am
I get a couple dozen calls per month from about two or three NEW numbers (because I periodically blacklist the bad ones).

Very often the same people call from different numbers when they know they've been blacklisted. I'm on the DNC list, it doesn't help because someone we allowed to live in our house for less than a year (about five years ago) still has mail and phone calls coming to my home, including bill collectors.

Frankly, I shouldn't have to deal with it. If I don't know the number of the person calling, I don't answer. If they don't leave a message, then it was likely spam. So I just blacklist them. I've only had ooma for about 5 months and have over 30 bl'ed numbers.
#87889 by WJBertrand
Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:56 am
I wonder if sending them the "number disconnected" message instead of the "number blocked" message would discourage them from just trying another number? I've got both blacklists set to deliver the "disconnected" message and after about 6 weeks the crank call volume has started to drop off. I've also taken to reporting every single one of them to the DNC list!
#88241 by philmarlies
Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:35 pm
:D To stop HIGH TECH Telemarketers and HIGH TECH spam callers who when they receive a call blocked message or number disconnected message THEN CALL BACK TO THAT PHONE NUMBER FROM a DIFFERENT phone number (Which has not been blocked) there by defeating the black list. SO JUST SELECT CONTINUOUS RING (your phone Number will not ring) they will only hear ringing and will not call back from a different phone number they will keep calling back from the same phone number and be BLOCKED forever by only entering 1 phone number into your BLACK LIST. Hope it helps Phil :D