Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#86230 by tkocur
Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:17 am
I have been using Ooma Telo without incident for the past 5 months. As of Thursday, August 18, that has changed. Since then, we are having to reboot the Telo several times throughout the day. There are no known issues with our Internet service which is through Time Warner Cable. I attempted to call Ooma customer service but that didn't go so well. I had somebody whose grasp of the English language was not that great. She wanted me to run a speed test. I have plenty of bandwidth, which I told her. My guess is that she has to follow a set of procedures. The test I just ran shows a down rate of 7 Mbs and 3 Mbs up. Not sure what the deal is since we've made absolutely no changes. I would have hoped the box would last longer than 5 months since 8 months was my break even point. I may have to chuck the whole system as the current state is unacceptable.
#86232 by tkocur
Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:46 am
No. I should have mentioned this in my original post. I have one single box that acts as both cable modem and router so I am limited as to how I can configure the Ooma.
#86237 by tkocur
Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:20 pm
Upon further review, I believe the problem was due to a cabling issue. One of my sons plugged both the RJ-45 cables on the back of the Ooma to the router. Once I unplugged the Home Network cable, the box turned blue on its own. If there were some way to delete this thread, I would like to do so.