Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#86205 by Bacon4JP
Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:01 pm
Since this last service outage was very large, Ooma should provide some kind of compensation or goodwill to the customers. I think they should offer the lifetime premier subscription to those who want to buy it. Any thoughts?
#86208 by Leeway
Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:30 pm
I think Ooma does compensate us already. I like my $0.00 cost just fine.

What do you think any other provider would do for you given the same situation? I doubt it would be any different if not worse as stated in some of the posts I've read here.

Donna
#86212 by southsound
Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:50 pm
Bacon4JP wrote:Since this last service outage was very large, Ooma should provide some kind of compensation or goodwill to the customers. I think they should offer the lifetime premier subscription to those who want to buy it. Any thoughts?

I agree. Since they have their headquarters in Silicon Valley, noted home of bazillionaires like Steve Jobs and what's his name, they must have lots of money. Let's have them give us 10 times what Qwest gave us the last time my landline service was down for almost a week. Nah, make it 100 times that amount. Come to think of it, they already did. Qwest didn't give me squat.

Things happen in this ultra connected world. Can I send you some money to make you feel better because I love my ooma systems and that makes me liable?

Please forgive the terse attitude of my reply. I think that those who are out for a handout whenever a business has a slight problem are near the top of my list of irritants. No personal offense was meant.
#86240 by EA PA
Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:45 pm
a-one-trillion-dollars-6.jpg
a-one-trillion-dollars-6.jpg (73.56 KiB) Viewed 2196 times

Really? :?
#86253 by lbmofo
Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:24 pm
Today, my cable internet went down for the 4th time this year, for hours. They didn't even know it was out until I called. :(
I don't even bother to call them for credit unless the outage is longer than a day. Mostly because I am so pxssed at that point.

The latest Ooma outage is nothing (3 hrs total for more than 2 years; that's awesome reliability).

FYI, with Ooma, you can't get credit

https://www.ooma.com/legal/terms-and-conditions

"Interruptions of Service: You acknowledge that Services are provided on a best efforts basis using the public network and third-party networks. Therefore, we will not provide any credits for interruptions of Service."