Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#86134 by thunderbird
Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:42 am
tivoboy wrote:i'll try it. The ooma is connected fine, everything works fine, but it just doesn't show in the DHCP list and I guess then maybe the router won't be able to do the QOS properly.

When that happens to me, I just reboot everything, especially the router. After the reboot, everything re-appears to normal.
#86141 by tivoboy
Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:43 pm
So, I tunneled into the admin console on my hub, through the HOME port. In there, it appeared that the ooma was set to use a different MAC address for some reason. NOT the built in ACTUAL MAC, but another one. I don't see that MAC address anywhere on my devices lists, it isn't the modem, router, nor any of the other devices that I have granted access to on the LAN. What WAS this address? I know I can always spoof an address on most devices, but this one was not from a list I (underscore I) put in there.

I changed it back to the regulas one, the one that is the same as listed on the bottom of the device and the same as was listed in my QOS lookup table. Question is, WHERE did this new one come from? I didn't set it up that way? Has it been hacked, was this some sort of firmware update?
#86142 by lbmofo
Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:51 pm
Do the "use built in modem port mac" viewtopic.php?t=9536#p66155

That mac is from whatever is/was plugged into the home port. If you check the mac of network card of your laptop, computer, router, you'd find it.
#86143 by tivoboy
Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:15 pm
thanks for the response.

I'll check, it doesn't appear in any of my laptop tables, or desktop tables, and historically this isn't the way it was setup before. Up till a few weeks ago, it was working normally and I haven't plugged anything in to it since then. Any thoughts why/how that would change?
#86287 by shampoo1
Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:13 pm
Obviously a terrorist attack orchestrated by the evil corporate giant AT&T :D