Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#85873 by 2spirit
Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:26 am
I have been with Ooma for almost two years . . . and I must say that today's outage didn't even create a blip on my dissatisfaction radar. Before coming to Ooma, my Verizon service was on again-off again for two years! (And that includes a period of nearly one whole month without a dial tone!!) Verizon's customer service was uncooperative throughout and it took an FCC complaint to get any action on their part. So it was good-bye Verizon and hello Ooma! My Ooma system has performed in a stellar manner by comparison. As others have said, Ooma is designed for residential use . . . and it is always wise, no matter the system, to have a back up in place.
#85913 by JacobsLive
Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:04 pm
I am using Ooma for the last 8 months and this was the 2nd time there was any outage. I always have a backup plan and this time my netTalk Duo was working perfectly when Ooma was out!
#85927 by just4fn
Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:13 pm
I've had Ooma also for about 2 years and lived through the big one on 09. When it went out today, It didn't even cross my mind that I will cancel ooma, but what did cross my mind is what do I do if Ooma cancels me? This would suck and I would have to find another cheap provider. I also thought if this was my 1st day this is not a good sign. Stay with it, money well not spent
#85964 by geomunir
Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:10 pm
This was actually for the first time I've experienced outage. The service is backup for me. Gload to see Ooma back!
#86100 by Mickey
Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:42 pm
Our system has been down since Wednesday morning; coming up for a couple of hours; but now the system has been completely down for the entire day; no lights on the device other than line 1 & 2. I've booted it multiple times; once it looked like it was going to start by getting the red light; but then it went dark again. Ooma's lack of customer support and notification is very disturbing.
#86102 by thunderbird
Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:06 pm
Mickey wrote:Our system has been down since Wednesday morning; coming up for a couple of hours; but now the system has been completely down for the entire day; no lights on the device other than line 1 & 2. I've booted it multiple times; once it looked like it was going to start by getting the red light; but then it went dark again. Ooma's lack of customer support and notification is very disturbing.

Leave your Ooma device unpowered for at least 15 minutes, then repower the Ooma device.

If that doesn't work, let your Ooma device boot as far as it will boot.

If your connection is Modem-Ooma-Router, type http://172.27.35.1 in your computer browser window.

If your connection is modem-Router-Ooma, temporarily connect a network cable from the Home port of the Ooma Telo to the wired LAN port of a computer. Temporarily turn off Wi-Fi in the computer, if Wi-Fi is turned on in the computer. Reboot the computer. Type http://172.27.35.1 in your computer browser window.

The Ooma setup pages opens. Click on Status at lower left side. Following, TO INTERNET port:, you should see Connected: [ 192.168.xxx.xxx ]. If you don't see an IP address, the Ooma Telo isn't connecting to the Internet. If you see an IP address, then go down to OOMA Tunnel:. If that don't say, Connected, then you may have to contact Ooma Customer Support to have them do a "kick Start" of the Ooma tunnel.

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST

More info:

Re: Ooma telo not working after network outage
by bimple » Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:12 pm

I spoke with customer service and they determined that my device was not working properly as a result of the outage, and they are replacing my device.

bimple
#86127 by tivoboy
Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:17 am
My ooma isn't showing up in the router IP table anymore, it used to be and the QOS would apply based on that or the MAC address of the ooma. Now, the ooma just doesn't show up? Any thought what may have happened and also how to fix it?

Also, it appears that SOME device is using a lot of upstream bandwidth nearly ALL the time. Are we back to OOMA utilizing our bandwidth?
#86130 by lbmofo
Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:27 am
tivoboy wrote:My ooma isn't showing up in the router IP table anymore, it used to be and the QOS would apply based on that or the MAC address of the ooma. Now, the ooma just doesn't show up? Any thought what may have happened and also how to fix it?

If your Ooma is not coming online behind the router, do this: viewtopic.php?t=12234#p85653
#86132 by tivoboy
Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:45 am
i'll try it. The ooma is connected fine, everything works fine, but it just doesn't show in the DHCP list and I guess then maybe the router won't be able to do the QOS properly.
#86133 by WJBertrand
Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:00 am
fernand wrote:I confess, it was me. My first day on Ooma, and the service was out for hours. Sigh.

Same here! The outage happended the day I ported my old number over. I thought I had done it!