Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#85252 by bluechalk
Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:59 am
Chase Bank has a security feature on their website where they call your home phone number to verify your identity. The call gives you a code to enter on their website. But the calls were not arriving. I eventually discovered that the problem is that I had enabled the Community Blacklist, and some miscreant has put their number in the blacklist.

I've learned that the Community Blacklist is dangerous. I have no idea what other important numbers are listed there. I will never use it again.
#85253 by murphy
Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:22 am
bluechalk wrote:Chase Bank has a security feature on their website where they call your home phone number to verify your identity. The call gives you a code to enter on their website. But the calls were not arriving. I eventually discovered that the problem is that I had enabled the Community Blacklist, and some miscreant has put their number in the blacklist.

I've learned that the Community Blacklist is dangerous. I have no idea what other important numbers are listed there. I will never use it again.

It would take way more than one person putting a number in their blacklist for it to be on the community blackilst.
Is Chase Bank using the same number for security phone calls that they use to call you at dinner time to sell you something?
#85262 by lbmofo
Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:41 am
You can enable community blacklist to send directly to VM, if important, at least you would get VM.
#86769 by Lord Vader
Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:53 pm
bluechalk wrote:Chase Bank has a security feature on their website where they call your home phone number to verify your identity. The call gives you a code to enter on their website. But the calls were not arriving. I eventually discovered that the problem is that I had enabled the Community Blacklist, and some miscreant has put their number in the blacklist.

Chase has an option to send you a code via SMS text to your cell phone, which is what I do every time I make an account change that requires me to verify my identity. So, instead of calling me, Chase sends me a text with a verification code included.